Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer
Requisition ID: 4379180615
DePuy Synthes, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for an Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, Inc. develops and markets products under DePuy Orthopedics, Inc., DePuy Spine, Inc., Codman & Shurtleff, Inc. and DePuy Mitek. Among these are products for reconstructing damaged or diseased joints; repairing and reconstructing traumatic skeletal injuries; facilitating the treatment of spinal disorders and deformity; surgical treatment of neurological and central nervous system disorders, and sports medicine devices for the treatment of soft tissue injuries. DePuy has three main locations: Warsaw IN, Raynham MA and Leeds, UK. DePuy is one of the largest businesses within Johnson & Johnson.
The Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer will manage site projects from conception to completion – delivery on time and to budget. Provide service and support to the Project process function for the sit. Technical expert for the PPM process and reporting process (lnstantis).
- Responsible for successful Project Portfolio Management of the project process and project delivery
- Involved in leading key Capital Site Projects.
- Active member of multifunctional process and production improvement team. Leading / supporting process engineers to deliver small process driven projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of standardized Capital application process across manufacturing and NPD departments.
- Leadership and coordination of activities including installation and qualification of all new equipment for manufacturing and NPD and the development of standardized project processes.
- Application of world class manufacturing & project tools and techniques with process areas. Control and direct manufacturing validation effort for existing and new processes.
- To input into new product development, to ensure timely introduction into production and that they are operationally cost effective and aligned to the sites strategic imperatives
- Process review and optimization of specified process area/s.
- Input into new machinery purchases, investigating new technologies for existing processes.
- To ensure customer service levels are achieved through project delivery.
- Prioritize the workload for projects across production and NPD
- To follow and promote company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain excellent results.
- Responsible for capturing the sites delivery on CIP, Projects and Capital through Instantis reporting tool.
Quality and Compliance Related Responsibilities
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations (FDA I GMP I BSIIISO, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring company compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Accountable for HSE compliance for their area of responsibility.
- Must have an understanding of budget control & project management.
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment; and able to manage conflicting objectives and priorities
- Flexible and adaptable in meeting customer requirements.
- Visionary and proactive in meeting short, medium and long business objectives.
- Will be required to make difficult decisions on prioritization and risks of technical solutions to product issues; on future processes, interfaces and procedures for optimal support of operations.
- Ability to carry out structured problem solving and Credo based decision making skills.
- Knowledge of PEx , ME2 and Lean principles
- Knowledge of Business Continuity Process
- Complies with Johnson and Johnson training requirements.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Appreciation of budget planning and control.
- Understanding of the CapEx process
- Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively at appropriate levels across different internal functions both orally and written.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Management of own workload and ability to work independently using own initiative.
- Good organizational skills
- Able to contribute to strategic planning
- Project process knowledge FPX, etc.
- Understanding of the CIP process and lnstantis
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of four (4) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in a highly regulated regulated industry such as medical device, defense, aerospace is required
- Project Management experience including exposure to capital projects, expense budgeting and resource budgets experience is required.
- Must have completed at least one full scale project.
- Good Organization skills
- Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively at appropriate levels both orally and written
- Management of own workload and ability to work independently using own initiative
- Knowledgeable with the use of Microsoft tools such MS Project, Excel, Office
- Occasional working outside of normal working hours
- This position is located in Warsaw, IN and may require up to 25% travel both domestically and/or internationally.
- Technical degree in Engineering/Science/Chemical is preferred.
- Experience with automation systems is highly preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing Application experience
- Use of KP/s to improve business performance
- Green Belt in PEx
- Aptitude for implementation of continuous improvement principles
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)