Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Director, Customer & Market Insights
Requisition ID: 4377180309
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is recruiting for an Associate Director, Customer & Market Insights to be located in Cincinnati, OH.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurovascular, surgery, vision care, diagnostics, diabetes care, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, sports medicine, and aesthetics. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (MD) is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson MD is currently $21 billion in Worldwide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
The Associate Director, Customer & Market Insights is responsible for managing primary and secondary market research and analytics for Global Market Insights within the Global Business Insights Center of Excellence team (GBI), in support of the Ethicon Platform. This individual will serve as a representative on the Business Unit Insight team, serving as a key partner for Global Strategic Marketing Teams. He/she will work with the Business Unit teams to manage market share, sizing and procedural analysis across Surgical Care platforms and across the world. Role will require a high degree of business acumen and understanding, and must be able to proactively recommend tools and techniques to support secondary market sources, and marketplace understanding needs across the business. This position will have responsibility for managing, prioritizing and executing strategic and tactical marketplace insight projects and activities.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage, create and influence high-impact tactical and marketplace understanding, learning plans, as well as execution of this work through the team
- Critical member of the Strategic Plan Core team collaborating with regional/market leaders globally to develop long term plans grounded in market dynamics and customer insights
- Demonstrate an ability to manage and coach direct report(s)
- Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders to ensure a high-level of team involvement in key business discussions
- Support Business Unit Insight Team in:
- Development of New Product opportunities - assessment and forecasting
- Supports Business Unit Leaders with secondary insights and marketplace assessment solutions
- Flawless execution of all secondary insight activities is required to drive success of the business
- Proactively providing fact based insights and analytics programs to address strategic business needs
- Developing and implementing new innovative insights and business analytics tools and techniques and processes
- Provide foundational learning that helps to ensure that new products are grounded in understanding of marketplace dynamics
- Support education and dissemination of existing knowledge estate and market information for key Business Unit partners
- Support Director of Business Unit Global Business Insights in data integration to form the Business Unit Knowledge Estate
- Partner with the Advanced Analytics team to create and maintain best in class analytical and marketplace assessment practices
- Conduct and provide direction for primary market research in support of business objectives
- BS/BA in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics and/or a related field is required
- An Advanced Degree is preferred
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in secondary market research, forecasting, strategic insights, market research, business analytics, finance or a related field is required
- Experience in the medical device, hospital specialty, or healthcare field is preferred
- Proven track record of performance that demonstrates strong collaboration, communication, analytical skills strong, as well as personal and team leadership is required
- Proven track record of working in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration is required
- Ability to support cross-functional teams is required
- Ability to understand, translate and integrate marketplace data and secondary data tools into actionable insights to drive decision-making is required
- Expert knowledge of and experience with secondary market research tools (i.e. DRG, HPIS, Provider databases) and techniques is required
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with forecasting is required
- Knowledge of primary marketing research and competitive intelligence data is preferred
- Due to the nature of information reviewed in the role, candidate must be able to demonstrate a high level of discretion and confidentiality is required
- Strong project management skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint, and analytical tools (i.e. SPSS or SAS) is required
This position is located preferably in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 20% domestic travel with the possibility of international
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)