Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Human Factors Engineer (HFE)
Requisition ID: 4362180226
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking a multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, user-centered Staff Human Factors Engineer (HFE) who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences. This position will be embedded in the Digital Robotic Surgery organization and will reside in Providence, RI.
JJMDC is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, Cerenovus, DePuySynthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and J&J Vision.
Our team leads contextual research to discover unmet user needs, creates usability specifications and requirements, and iteratively tests with stakeholders throughout a robust formative and summative usability process. The position will interact closely with the product development team to design and evaluate user interfaces (hardware and software) for medical products including devices, support systems and associated training /instructional elements. We are a diverse, collaborative, and global team, striving to create products and solutions that improve patient outcomes by delivering remarkable user experiences. The successful candidate will continue to elevate world-class human factors approaches throughout the organization while providing timely usability insight to the product development teams.
- A minimum of a BS/BA Degree in HFE, Usability Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, or equivalent is required.
- Post-Graduate Degrees (MS, PhD) are a plus and will be considered as part of the applicant’s professional experience.
- Minimum 8 years’ human factors/usability engineering experience/ use case validation testing or equivalent relevant experience in product development and customer interactions is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in the planning and execution of all aspects of the HFE process including ethnographic research, formative and summative studies, documentation for design control and risk management is required.
- Knowledge of user interface design and general knowledge about human perception, cognition and a basic knowledge of anthropometrics, biomechanics and physiology is required.
- Familiarity with FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other relevant usability regulations and standards is highly preferred.
- Clinical experience and/or professional experience/degrees in software development and/or GUI development is a strong plus.
- This position will be based in Providence, Rhode Island with up to 15% travel.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)