Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Health Tech Partnerships
Requisition ID: 4359180626
Johnson & Johnson is the leading health and well-care company in the world, touching over a billion people per day. While our people, brand, scientific and manufacturing expertise, and extensive ecosystem relationships are second to none, our ambitious mission to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity will require bold, innovative applications of technology.
The Health Technology team is a new group based in San Francisco, CA (with presence at the company’s headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ), created to drive strategic adoption of technology across J&J. The team is comprised primarily of experienced operating leaders from successful technology companies (e.g. Google, Dropbox, LinkedIn), and partners with commercial and R&D leaders to identify opportunities to use technology to address health challenges at global scale. The team also develops the strategic and operational plans around those opportunities and executes the applicable product, program, partnership, investment and acquisition needs. Health Tech is comprised of 3 main sub-teams: Strategy & Business Operations, Partnerships & Corporate Development, and Product.
As Manager of Health Tech Partnerships, you will work with leadership and cross-functional teams across J&J’s Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, and Consumer businesses (in particular with the World Without Disease organization and the Lung Cancer Initiative), to develop and execute J&J’s technology partnership strategy to address unmet needs in strategic areas of interest, such as lung cancer and metabolic diseases.
This role will be based either in San Francisco, CA or New Brunswick, NJ.
- Work with internal leaders to build new technology partnership business plans (including strategy, partner landscaping and prioritization) for impactful growth opportunities in strategic areas
- Lead cross-functional teams (including R&D, Commercial, Legal, Finance, Product, Marketing, and more) to identify, structure, negotiate, and execute a variety of complex strategic partnerships with a wide array of technology companies
- Develop a deep industry expertise and present key findings/acquisition recommendations to senior management
- Build and manage strong relationships with key technology partners. Represent partners internally (owning partnership relationships and translating partner success requirements), and J&J externally (with partners’ management teams and at external/industry events)
- Bachelor’s Degree with strong academic record
- MBA or other Master’s degree a preferred
- 4+ years of demonstrated success in a business development, partnerships or equivalent role at a leading technology company
- Analytical and creative thinker with a strong understanding of software business models
- Ability to make thoughtful, actionable recommendations under minimal structure, and quickly build consensus with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborative, high energy, and persistent personality, and excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- High capacity for learning quickly, attention to detail, and managing simultaneous projects successfully
- Passion for health and well care
- Great sense of humor
- Preferred: both small and large tech company experience, digital health experience
United States-California-San Francisco
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)