Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Director, Digital Platform Engineering Operations
Requisition ID: 4357180226
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Digital Platform Engineering Operations, in our Digital Platform Engineering team, to be located in Providence, RI.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Center for Digital Platform Engineering is a new Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices initiative intended to build the digital platform portfolio for the Medical Devices Sector. This will be accomplished by building dedicated engineering teams to deliver critical platforms. The team will be primarily located in Providence, RI – which offers significant opportunity to leverage relevant skills and capabilities in the local and surrounding markets as well as J&J’s established footprint in Providence.
To lead and accelerate this effort the Sr. Director, Digital Platform Engineering Operations will be responsible for ensuring the execution of the strategic direction and overseeing all operational activities for the center, ensuring acceleration of innovative processes and decreasing the hurdles to creation of break-through digital platforms.
Specifically, this individual will work in partnership with the Head of Digital Platform Engineering and the Digital Platform Work Stream Leads as well as critical stakeholders across Johnson & Johnson.
The Senior Director, Digital Platform Engineering Operations primary responsibilities will include:
- Direct and oversee the efforts of technical project leaders, engineers, machinists etc. to design, create, test, and refine products to accomplish the stated objectives
- Develop strategy and processes to ensure execution on breakthrough programs in line with MD franchise/platform priorities and consumer/patient needs
- Lead and coordinate discussions with scientist, entrepreneurs, and engineers to align suitability of requirements for projects
- Secure buy in and alignment from multiple stakeholders within JNJ, including, R&D, Franchise, COE leaders and key functional partners to ensure aligned and robust execution
- Develop strategy and lead efforts to source funding for projects to decrease P&L impact on JNJ medical device businesses where appropriate – lead and coordinate these relationships across the center.
- Assertively manage resource utilization and speed of execution of project endeavors
- Oversee and accelerate the physical build of the center’s space and ensure a robust and appropriate work environment and required resources for the team.
- Oversee and partner within J&J to ensure appropriate incentive programs and organizational design and execution to support the build of this unique capability and talent pool.
- Lead the identification and hiring of team resources medical to accomplish innovation objectives in partnership with key leadership stakeholders/sponsors
- Partner within J&J to ensure organizational and promotional activities and public awareness is appropriately positioned to ensure reputation and position for best in class science and technology and talent.
- Create and inspire a work environment of trust, collaboration and ethical behavior across a vast, diverse internal and external matrix network of stakeholders.
- Serve as an inspirational role model for all our teams, internal and external, and promote a work environment that challenges the status quo, and leads and adapts to change in order to create a significant positive change.
- S/he must establish and maintain a positive, proactive, high-energy, collaborative and engaging working environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; A degree focused in Robotics/Mechanical/Electrical/Systems Engineering is preferred.
- An advanced degree (MBA and/or an MD or PhD) is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience and a track record in senior program management is required.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in the healthcare industry is required.
- Deep experience with and understanding of the high-tech industry and relevant applications to the healthcare industry is required.
- Start-up company experience along with large corporate experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated adaptability to work across functions and therapeutic areas is required.
- Prior experience in strategic planning, with the ability to translate strategies into actions. Ability to shift effectively between strategy development and implementation is required.
- Outstanding organizational leadership, people leadership and change management experience is required.
- Proven ability to execute and get results through leading others required.
- The ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness working collaboratively to influence in a complex, matrix environment with multiple, and demanding stakeholders is required. Will include working with scientific leads, transaction, legal, finance, marketing, and commercial teams to progress and complete partnerships.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, delegate a high-volume workload make and influence difficult decisions in a timely fashion is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt effectively to rapidly changing organization issues, structures and dynamics required.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills, with ability to analyze complex technical problems and provide solutions in a timely fashion is required.
- Must be comfortable working with other team members,
- Must possess deep experience in program budgeting and fiscal management with experience in business development, technology transfer, management consulting, and/or venture capital investing.
- Experience in the evaluation and execution of a diverse set of business development opportunities is required.
- Must be curious to think about, develop and present innovative ways for outreach and interaction with J&J, the healthcare ecosystem, and for “out-of-the-box” ideas and the ability to influence in a large corporation bring these to life.
- Willing to take on responsibilities for helping to develop and strengthen J&J’s shared culture.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and be a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- This position will be based out of Providence, RI and may require up to 15% travel (mostly eastern U.S., but some west-coast or international).
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)