Johnson & Johnson Careers
POSTDOCTORAL FELLOW GLOBAL PUBLIC HEALTH
Requisition ID: 4351190203
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health is recruiting a Post-Doctoral Fellow interested in pursuing a global public health career. The current position resides within the Mental Health Team - with the noble mission of developing an affordable scalable quality care model for the treatment of schizophrenia in low-middle income countries. The Post-Doctoral Fellow will have the opportunity to work on a team that is profoundly changing the lives of people living with schizophrenia: patients, their caregivers, support network and the community at large. Healthcare professionals will have access to therapies used worldwide, but not yet accessible in country. Development efforts for the access, care and management of schizophrenia is focused first in Rwanda, with plans for future expansion.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will work closely under the guidance of the Consumer Insight Lead in developing and driving learning plans, insight generation, analysis, and implications. The scope of work will touch all aspects of marketing research/consumer insight from the identification of key business questions to design of research plans that may include both primary (qualitative and quantitative) as well as secondary research. The Post-Doctoral Fellow will drive execution and vendor management of insight research under the guidance of the Consumer Insight Lead. A successful Post-Doctoral Fellow will demonstrate excellent communication skills and partner proactively and collaboratively with global cross functional stakeholders.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow may have secondary responsibilities across several other relevant workstreams within the mental health program beyond consumer insights, including workstreams focused on evaluation and measurement of program impact (e.g., social impact) of our efforts in Rwanda through both clinical and community efforts.
- Candidates must be a recent graduate (within 2 years) of an accredited college/university and awarded either a PhD or MD degree.
- Candidates focus of doctoral study must be related to mental health and/or social science.
- Candidates with health industry and/or public health experience are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership is preferred.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (including a high proficiency with generating pivot tables and graphs), and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Additional technical competencies in Sharepoint and other information technology systems are highly desirable, as is experience with PubMed databases and other literature databases.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future.
- Candidates must be able to travel internationally as needed for the project.
- Candidates must provide their own housing and transportation to work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)