Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing & Events (Innovation Activation) Specialist, JLABS
Requisition ID: 4349180621
Johnson & Johnson Innovation is recruiting multiple “Innovation Activation” Marketing and Events Specialists to be based in various JLABS locations across the US and Canada.
The goal of Johnson & Johnson Innovation is to advance transformative healthcare solutions that improve the lives of people around the world and, in so doing, to deliver value to Johnson & Johnson. JJI accomplishes this by catalyzing new science and technology through collaboration and exchange of ideas. This growing team is looking for a colleague inspired to help build and innovate new ways of fostering a productive life-science ecosystem.
JLABS is the external R&D engine of Johnson & Johnson, catalyzing a community of entrepreneurs in health, operating a network of life science incubators focusing and accelerating emerging through its development, and supporting the portfolio to successful partnering and funding.
This position will be responsible for the overall implementation of JLABS external engagement including campaigns and event activations within the region. Responsible for supporting external engagements in support of advancing our business objectives, driving awareness and advancing organizational reputation.
We are currently recruiting for our Toronto location. Reporting to the Innovation Activation Manager for Johnson and Johnson Innovation, the Marketing & Events Specialist is responsible for supporting the strategic planning, development and implementation of marketing initiatives for JLABS.
• Implementation of all elements of JLABS site programs (manage budgets, develop calendar, recruit speakers, manage logistics, ticket sales)
• Event Promotion- Support of JLABS marketing including posting of events on social media, cross promotion with partners, targeted LinkedIn internal and external posts, communication of internal events and follow up. This includes the development of strategic e-marketing communications plan and schedule to ensure optimal attendance results.
• Event Materials and logistical support – Use of event management platforms such as Splash and HubSpot. Creation of event materials such as: print programs, presentations, welcome slide decks, Event speaker management including: scheduling, collection of speaker materials and slide decks. Manage attendee lists and badge production, survey creation, and event recaps, report final lists. Manage event logistics such as booking venue, managing event setup and catering. coordinate event calendar entries, coordinate event setup with various teams (catering, janitorial, AV, operations) and calendar management.
• Manage ongoing relationships with key internal and regional external stakeholders including strategic marketing partners, trade associations, and collaborators by developing mutually beneficial agreements and tracking benefits to ensure optimal results.
• Support web presence for prospective region, i.e. Google My Business and regional site page
• Manage maintenance and content upkeep of regional location page
• Live events – lead/support set up, registration, manage volunteers, AV and break down.
• Support JLABS presence at regional conferences (sponsorship, speaking engagements, event planning, advertisements, booth, speakers, etc.).
• Tour support –manage and coordinate JLABS tours with site team for guests and support tour/visits for higher profile guests
• Engage onsite JLABS resident community through coordination of social and networking events and regular communication of relevant JLABS and external community activities
• Support other ad-hoc projects as needed (i.e. sourcing, general marketing support, research, surveys etc.)
• Support the JLABS site HUB activities. Coordinate scheduling of investor and service provider visits to JLABS and communicate meeting opportunities to JLABS residents.
• Manage video recording and/or Webinar broadcast logistics and communication for events when applicable
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Hospitality, Business or a related discipline is required.
• A proven performer with a minimum of 4 years of events experience is required
• Marketing experience is preferred.
• Experience developing event content and advertising of content is preferred.
• E-Marketing experience preferred.
• Exceptional writing skills are required.
• Experience within a healthcare setting or industry association is preferred.
• Experience working with and managing vendors, consultants, and budgets is preferred.
• Experience in managing social media is preferred.
• Experience in event management tools (Eventbrite, Constant Contact, Salesforce, etc.) and online tools are preferred.
• Must be detail oriented and have strong personal leadership skills.
• This position may require up to 20% regional travel.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)