Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability Specialist
Requisition ID: 4347180617
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability Specialist located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company touch more than a billion people’s lives every single day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Under the direction of the Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability Manager, the Senior Specialist provides focused technical expertise to assigned environmental health and safety programs within J&J Consumer Inc.’s OTC business. The primary sites of responsibility are Fort Washington and Lancaster, PA with limited support to other J&J facilities in the region. This role will be responsible for ensuring the assigned EHS&S programs are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS&S regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS&S Standards. This role will be a member of the Fort Washington EHS&S team focused on driving EHS&S performance at the Fort Washington and Lancaster sites in the following areas: Incident Investigation, Training, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Management and Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, Biosafety, Radiation Safety, Occupational Safety, etc. Responsible to partner and coach operational EHS&S program leaders, drive completion of site self-assessments and develop appropriate EHS&S Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA) for assigned programs. This specialist will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
Internal stakeholders include J&J Consumer Inc. OTC Operations, Facilities, R&D, Maintenance and Engineering as well as other site functional leaders. External stakeholders include regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors.
- Provide overall site focus in the following areas: Incident Investigation, Training, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Management and Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, Biosafety, Radiation Safety, Occupational Safety, etc.
- Shared responsibility with site operational leaders for EHS&S performance at the site.
- Provide coaching to program leaders consistent with Integrated Ownership of Safety Systems (IOSS) creating a safe and compliant EHS&S Culture through robust engagement of personnel.
- Partner with program leaders and functional leader to develop and implement CAPA actions for assigned standards to address EHS&S program deficiencies and ensure EHS&S regulatory compliance.
- Develop EHS&S objectives for the assigned programs - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS&S risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS&S program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Develop, implement, and deliver EHS&S training for assigned EHS&S Standards/procedures, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires and contractors.
- Support and facilitate site EHS&S committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS&S programs and culture.
- Collaborate with other EHS&S team members and other functions to manage EHS&S aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers, contractor and other EHS&S programs where necessary.
- Lead investigations for Near Miss, and injury / illness incidents
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; a degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene or an engineering or science discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of EHS experience is required.
- Experience in developing and implementing chemical and physical exposure control programs (for example, Incident Investigation, Training, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Management and Exposure Control, Noise and Hearing Conservation, Medical Surveillance, Biosafety, Radiation Safety, Occupational Safety, etc.) is required.
- Experience is required in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS&S hazards in the workplace is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI and other consensus regulations/standards is required.
- The ability to work off-shift hours, including weekends, as needed by business
- This position is located in Fort Washington, PA with travel to Lancaster, PA typically at least one day per week, plus additional up to 10% domestic travel
- Experience in an FDA regulated/GMP environment.
- Experience in producing and maintaining project schedules and budgets.
- Experience in interfacing with associates and local, state & federal inspectors.
- Strong organizational skills in generating all required reports and record keeping systems.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to achieve win-win solutions with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in driving change to individual and organizational behavior impacting EHS&S results.
- Classroom instructor skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Internet, intranet and database tools (internal and external) as needed to support the EHS&S functions.
- Certifications: PE, CIH, CSP, ASP.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
Environmental Health & Safety