Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Designer, Orthopaedic Robotics (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 4344190910
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Senior Designer, Orthopaedic Robotics to be based in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
As a Senior Designer, Orthopaedic Robotics you will work both independently and on multi-functional teams to execute design projects of moderate to high complexity. We expect you will collaborate cross functionally with operations, marketing, quality assurance and research and development (R&D) to identify design related opportunities. Drive technical resolutions in manufacturing and solves product issues under compressed timelines. Execute specific & general assignments/projects that provide creative, functional, cost effective & validated product designs in a team-based environment. We are hiring for a fantastic opportunity to play key role in bringing exciting new products to market.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate design activities concurrently to develop multiple CAD models and drawings from engineering inputs for complex robotic systems.
- Effectively communicate critical design information and procedures including but not limited to tolerance analysis.
- Conceptualize, research, rationalize, and present alternate design proposals.
- Provide technical expertise and support to team members.
- Provide input to company design standards.
- Coordinate translation of CAD data to enable transfer to external suppliers.
- Complete complex and cross functional technical projects as assigned by supervisor.
- With limited guidance:
- Create engineering change requests.
- Create and approves design verification documents.
- Perform peer checking of drawings and models.
- Potentially lead multifunctional technical projects.
- Apply GD&T principles to component drawings & design.
- Participate in design collaboration forum.
- One of the following combinations of education and experience is required: Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a technical field and a 5 years of relevant Drafting/3D Modeling experience (co-op, internship included) OR a H.S. Diploma and minimum of 8 years of relevant Drafting/3D Modeling experience (co-op, internship included). Bachelor’s degree will also count towards overall experience.
- Previous experience in a highly regulated industry is required.
- Experience working in a multi-functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle is required.
- Experience developing 3D CAD models is required.
- Experience working with Siemens NX software is preferred.
- Orthopedic experience is desirable.
- R&D experience with other medical device technologies and product lines outside of orthopedics is desirable.
- Experience in New Product Development delivering engineering specifications with complex system components and architecture preferred.
- Ability to bridge across interpersonal groups, communicating product requirements from the Digital Orthopedic Surgery group to Supply Chain partners required.
- Proven experience in, or willingness to participate in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is desired.
- This position is in Warsaw, IN and will require up to 10% travel domestic and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)