Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Data Science - Data and Knowledge Management
Requisition ID: 4324190513
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Data & Knowledge Management, Data Science with up to 15% domestic travel. The primary location for this position is Spring House, PA; Raritan, NJ; or Titusville, NJ. Consideration will be given to La Jolla, CA; and Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our ultimate goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
As part of the Data Sciences team, you will lead and implement data management and knowledge management solutions that enable the optimal implementation of science capabilities across R&D. We support projects from discovery through late development. You will lead a team to establish creative data and knowledge management solutions across different data domain as part of Janssen R&D Data Sciences initiative. The role requires a broad knowledge of molecular data, patient data, operational data and data/knowledge management tools & solutions. You will be part of dynamic, accomplished team that supports multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of creative data solutions.
In this role you will:
- Lead and deliver the data and knowledge management strategy for R&D Data Science community. Partner closely with Janssen R&D IT and external organizations for implementation and execution
- Work closely with R&D data scientists and research scientists, computational scientist from TAs and/or functions to implement data/knowledge management solutions to support R&D Data Science initiative
- Serve as a technical expert in the Data Science team and support data & knowledge management activities
- Lead internal/external team for day-to-day operations ensure R&D data liquidity
- A bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of relevant experience in Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacology, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, Computer Sciences, Information Technology, OR an advanced degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- People management/leadership experience
- Deep knowledge in data/metadata/master management as well as knowledge management with track record in establishing/building/evolving solutions & platforms
- Familiarity with drug discovery and clinical development processes
- Deep understanding in molecular data, clinical trials or real-world data
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and written skills
- Working knowledge in triple-store, relational databases
- Experience with Bioinformatics or Information management systems
Thriving on a diverse company culture and celebrating the uniqueness of our employees, we are committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Working with Johnson & Johnson can change everything. Including YOU.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Digital Product Development