Johnson & Johnson Careers
SCIENTIST / SENIOR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST
Requisition ID: 4292190508
Janssen Biopharma, Inc., a member of Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist or Research Scientist, located in South San Francisco, CA
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Within the infectious disease team, we are seeking a highly motivated and productive Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist with a strong background in preclinical animal models to join our drug discovery efforts. The ideal candidate will have experience in T-cell biology and therapeutic vaccinology applied to chronic infectious diseases or to oncology or a related area with a willingness and ability to apply their knowledge to infectious diseases such as HBV and HIV. The candidate should be a well-organized, team-orientated individual who can work efficiently with limited oversight. He/She will design and execute projects with significant hands-on involvement, and manage interactions with internal and external partners.
Key responsibilities will be:
· Perform in vivo studies to assess cellular responses elicited by various vaccine strategies
· Applies expertise to drive research projects
· Provide support for novel ex vivo assay design/development and analysis using ELISPOT, flow cytometry and/or multiplex assays to evaluate the immune response
· Reviews scientific work in project-related fields and areas of expertise
· Drive collaborative research interactions across teams
· Work productively as a team member as well as independently
· Assist in documentation and organization of data, generation of technical reports and presentation of findings to project teams
· M.S. with 6 years of relevant experience or B.S./B.A. with 9 years of relevant experience performing progressively advanced duties
· Ph.D. degree with at least 1- 3 years of post-doctoral experience in a relevant field or a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience performing progressively advanced duties beyond a B.S. degree
· Extensive experience performing in vivo preclinical studies including: proper handling techniques, tissue/PBMC collection and preparation for immune cell phenotyping/functional studies
· Experience in set up and analysis of assays to measure cellular immune function such as ELISPOT, cytotoxicity, proliferation, antigen-specific stimulation.
· Experience in flow cytometry (phenotypic profiling and intracellular cytokine staining) is a plus
· Design/application of multiplex assays (MSD or Luminex)
· Presents data at in-house research forums, and at outside professional meetings, where applicable
· Proficiency in data analysis and presentation tools such as GraphPad Prism, Excel. FlowJo
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Biopharma, Inc. (6224)