Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Analyst, Business Development
Requisition ID: 4289180615
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Lead Analyst, Business Development to be located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
In the position of Lead Analyst, Business Development for J&J Surgical Vision (JJSV), you will collaborate with your internal business partners to help shape, develop, and execute business strategies as well as transactions and partnerships to drive growth and influence the direction of the business.
This individual will report into Business Development and Strategy, and will have a dotted line to Strategic Marketing.
- Develop, refine, or facilitate business strategies to advance JJSV’s objective to increase our market presence, drive growth in our line of surgical vision products and sustain our financial acumen in the face of shifting market dynamics
- Leverage market and business insights to develop and refine upstream strategic marketing priorities.
- Collaborate with strategic marketing to evaluate, assess, and formulate recommendations on various commercial-related opportunities
- Assist with the development of market models which integrate commercial, financial, and market driven assumptions
- Provide strategic insight and input for various BD strategic partnerships and / or acquisitions
- Assist with the assessment of external new technologies, products and capabilities aligned to business strategy and priorities
- Partner with cross functional groups such as Strategic Marketing, Sales, and R&D to gather input, evaluate and analyze commercial opportunities based on evolving market conditions and competition
- Execute market research initiatives to better understand customer needs and product validation
- Support business development process including target identification, business case development, due diligence, deal structuring, negotiations and transition planning
- Participate in cross-functional teams and ensure teams are following the appropriate healthcare guidelines (for example, HCC, Quality, and Regulatory)
- Provide suggestions and recommendations to leadership on new strategies, opportunities, and tactics. Deliver oral and written presentations to management related to new opportunities
- Support the tracking and institutional knowledge surrounding new technologies and companies that we have engaged in discussions
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, an MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years of business experience is required
- Experience in the healthcare industry is required; experience in medical device industry is preferred
- Experience in supporting strategic marketing, strategic planning, or corporate / business development (for example, licensing, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, divestitures, co-marketing, or other structures) or as a financial analyst is required
- Experience developing and modeling strategic business plans and projections is required
- Business and financial acumen, project management, analytical, decision making, and influencing skills are required
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to successfully contribute to and deliver on multiple priorities in a dynamic environment is required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to make effective presentations to small and large groups are required
- Demonstrated strong analytical capabilities and the ability to work independently, proactively, and as a part of a team is required
- Prioritizing tasks, managing several projects at a time, and eliminating/overcoming unproductive, low priority, or low probability tasks and projects is required
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally up to 20% of the time is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana
AMO Manufacturing USA, LLC (6240)