Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR MSL COMMUNICATIONS
Requisition ID: 4287190116
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Associate Director, MSL Communications to work in Horsham, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine
The Associate Director, MSL Communications in the Immunology Franchise will:
- Responsible for the development of top-notch displays of scientific data, i.e. resource creation and management for the MSL organization
- Key collaboration will be with the IMM Medical Science Liaison (MSL) management team (Senior Director, Scientific Directors and Field Directors), Therapeutic Area (TA) leads, Integrated Evidence Team (IET) leads, as well as with all pertinent cross-functional, and possibly cross-business unit, partners.
- Manage and participate in scientific communications development for MSLs (e.g. proactive slide decks for use in the field) and other related work to facilitate the achievement of both short and long-term objectives for Immunology MSLs. Play an integral role in evolving MSL field strategy with MSL management, with specific emphasis on how strong and innovative communication materials can shape strategy.
- Oversee the development of scientific display materials and supervise appropriate dissemination of pertinent data consistent with Medical Affairs strategy
- Critically analyze scientific or pertinent economic Janssen internal or published data, competitive literature and congress materials, selectively highlight and extract data for development of accurate and appropriate customer friendly communication materials
- Hire, manage, provide direction, oversight, and feedback to contractor(s) and vendor(s).
- Develop scientific presentations for congresses, internal meetings and MSL-led Advisory Boards to provide support for US Medical Affairs primarily, and on occasion for Global Medical Affairs, Research and Development and Marketing/Sales. Examples include searching and scoring of relevant congress abstracts, pre- and post- congress summary decks, presentations for field based commercial colleagues’ training, and support in creation and maintenance of emerging molecule reports
- Conceive, oversee and ensure delivery of scientific communication materials for MSLs which arise from fully understanding medical affairs strategy and business needs via collaboration with MSLs, TA leads, IETLs, and other cross-functional teams related to Medical Affairs and/or marketing activities
- Lead scientific communications development for MSLs and contribute to material development as needed, and participate in field based medical strategy
- Manage contractors’ and vendors’ development of proactive MSL materials to ensure scientific alignment with JBI strategy
- Manage deliverables related to short/long term MSL objectives as they arise, and various additional communications needs in Medical Affairs
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Healthcare or related discipline with a minimum of 6 years of related (pharmaceutical) work experience or Master’s Degree in Life Sciences, Healthcare or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years related (pharmaceutical) work experience or a PhD or PharmD with a minimum of 2 years of related (pharmaceutical) experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years of direct/indirect people management experience is required (at least 1 year direct)
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint, with outstanding slide design skills with creativity and innovative thinking. Ability to translate complex clinical concepts into simple, digestible and appealing visual display is required
- Experience in Immunology/Inflammation or other/related therapeutic areas is highly preferred
- Experience in pharmaceutical health care compliance environment with knowledge of compliant display of scientific data is highly preferred
- Experience in Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Professional is required
- People management experience required, including specifically contractor and vendor management experience
- Familiarity with VEEVA/ iMR submission process desired
- Independent and strong project management skills in moving projects forward and handling a high volume of work while meeting deadlines are need
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, presentation skills, conflict management and problem - solving skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to work/lead in cross-functional environments as well as ability to partner with scientists, academicians and clinicians as well as with sales/marketing is required
- Detail orientated with ability to fact check and find errors is a must
- Upwards of 20% domestic travel required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham-800/850 Ridgeview Drive
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)