Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT DIRECTOR R AND D BTL CSS
Requisition ID: 4280190906
Medical Devices, a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Director, Business Technology Lead CSS R&D. This position is located in Irvine, CA and reports to the VP and CIO Medical Devices R&D.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. We work with partners in healthcare to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
A part of our Hospital Medical Devices group, the CSS Group consists of diverse businesses including Acclarent, Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neurovascular (Cerenovus), Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
The global Medical Devices R&D IT organization works closely with the R&D organization and innovation groups to deliver innovative technology solutions to advance product development and medical device solutions to transform global health. R&D IT is a purpose driven team with a high-performance culture. We thrive on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director, Business Technology Lead (BTL) for CSS will be responsible for defining and implementing the information technology strategy for the CSS R&D group. He/she will serve as a main point of contact for leaders in CSS R&D, partner with the leadership teams and will take end-to-end accountability of all IT solutions and services for CSS R&D. They will be responsible for developing IT as a strategic advantage and key enabler for CSS R&D. You should be a good communicator, a hardworking change agent and have a deep understanding about the challenges and opportunities of R&D in Medical Devices.
In this role:
- You collaborates closely with business partners in CSS R&D to define technology strategy that maximizes business value
- You work with CSS R&D business leaders to define business priorities and associated technology investments effectively managing investments to maximize value
- You drive the implementation of key initiatives and projects by ensuring appropriate business engagement, involving the right internal and external implementation partners, ensuring organizational readiness, clearing roadblocks and securing funding
- You are accountable for delivery and operational IT expense
- You understand and drive core internal IT products and new technologies and approaches to drive business value
- You connect with external partners to gather insights, identify improvement opportunities and drive collaboration opportunities
You have a bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, engineering or business administration, with a master’s degree preferred
Experience and Skills:
- 5 years experience in a business-facing IT management role and 8+ years in a broad technology related role
- Deep understanding of business drivers/processes and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investments
- Experience working across multiple levels of an organization and being a member of a business leadership team
- Knowledge of technology trends (e.g., digital, AI, IoT) and demonstrated ability to translate these technology trends in successful initiatives
- Expertise driving adoption of IT solutions with business partners
- Strong business partnering and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence others that are not in your direct control
- Ability to balance the need for standardization and enterprise thinking with the specific needs and challenges in R&D functions
- Previous experience driving technology roadmaps for a line of business
- Able to synthesize leadership and partner inputs into decisions
- Strong collaboration skills with leaders in business and IT
- Ability to work effectively and build strong relationships in a virtual environment
- 3 years experience with IT in R&D
- Business experience in R&D or evidence generation strongly preferred
- Good understanding of technology trends and initiatives in Medical Devices R&D
- Ability to express R&D needs towards a wide variety of partners globally
Limited travel to East Coast and Israel may be required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Irvine-33 Technology Drive
Johnson & Johnson (6067)