Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 4266180614
The primary responsibility of the Cancer Epidemiologist will be to support a specific 5-year grant-funded program with the following major responsibilities:
- Literature review and synthesis of existing research relevant to the target patient population, course of illness, outcomes of interest and relevant methodologic features that will inform implementation of subsequent research.
- Assist clinical teams with study design, identification and evaluation of potentially suitable registries, databases and other data resources focused on the targeted patient populations and outcomes of interest.
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team to define research questions, develop protocols, and implement solutions needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Design, develop protocols, and coordinate network analyses of internal and external registries and observational clinical databases to evaluate and define disease natural history, clinical and surrogate endpoints, assess safety/benefit questions, and inform the design and conduct of clinical research.
- Remain up-to-date with the FDA/Regulatory Agencies positions and guidance regarding applications of electronic, patient-level real world databases and other emerging epidemiologic research tools.
Qualifications for the Director, Epidemiology include:
- PhD in Epidemiology or a closely related field, or MD with training and degree in Epidemiology or a closely related field is required
- Minimum 5 years of post-doctoral level Epidemiology research experience in academia, government or private sector/pharmaceutical industry, notably in large electronic health record and health insurance claims databases is required
- Demonstrated expertise and productivity in observational research, protocol development, and deadline-driven research are required
- Proven experience with influencing skills appropriate to working with external sites (hospitals, registries) is required
- Experience in cancer epidemiology and transplantation strongly preferred
- Two + years of pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to work as part of a team, including remote and multidisciplinary teams are required
- A sophisticated understanding of and the ability to interpret methods and communicate research proposals, protocols, and results is required
- Experience working with networks of large administrative databases, registries, or medical records databases is preferred
- Experience working with health authorities and phase III/IV experience as well as global experience is preferred
- Up to 10% annual travel (primarily domestic and international) is required
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)