Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lens Fabrication Tech II
Requisition ID: 4255190508
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting for a Lens Fabrication Technician II to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Lens Fabrication Technician II will:
- Have a general understanding of key contact lens manufacturing processes.
- Encompass all Pilot Plant Lens Fabrication Technician responsibilities, and product development pre-commercial experimental or product build support.
- Be responsible for operating Pilot Plant and R&D manufacturing equipment.
- Perform a variety of Engineering activities focused at process improvement, and supporting R&D by identifying, reducing and preventing process variability.
- Improve process capability by continuous improvement of equipment, materials, and methods.
- Work closely with other scientific engineering disciplines in the development of new products and in the continuous improvement of technology and processes.
- Be responsible for specific departmental administrative and safety functions as directed by supervision.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of maintenance or engineering experience with high volume production line environment is required, preferably in a continuous operation environment.
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting skills in the following areas: PLC systems, electro/mechanical devices, robotic/servo systems, safety devices, equipment installation, debug and qualification, control circuitry development, electro-mechanical troubleshooting/repair, equipment prototyping, production start-up, equipment process development and mechanical devices is preferred.
- Experience working in a medical device manufacturing facility is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize projects and tasks is required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks is required
- Good organizational skills are required.
- Ability to work in an empowered work team environment is required.
- Ability to work day shift, night shift and/or continuous operations is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and software is required.
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
R&D Engineering (R&D)