Johnson & Johnson Careers
SUPPLY CHAIN ASSOCIATE ENGINEER
Requisition ID: 4252171108
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Supply Chain Associate Engineer College Hire to be located in Warsaw, Indiana.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Supply Chain Associate Engineer College Hire position offers recent university graduates the opportunity to accelerate their career growth through work rotations within the Supply Chain organization over a 3 year period. The goal of the rotational assignments is to develop the next generation of leaders for the engineering, operations, and quality disciplines within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Functional areas within the program include Operations, Production Planning, Engineering and Quality. The combination of cross-functional work assignments and action learning helps to develop the skills and capabilities needed to build your career path toward leadership development.
- Combining on the job experience with business, leadership & personal development training
- Rotational assignments that deliver real business results
- Opportunity to expand technical capabilities, leadership skills and business knowledge
- Exposure to a broad range of experiences in Operations, Production Planning, Engineering and Quality
- Building technical skills in many of the following areas:
- New Product and Process Development
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management (Planning, Manufacturing & Procurement)
- Quality & Regulatory Compliance
- Product and Process Analysis & Improvement Methodologies (Six Sigma, Lean, Design Excellence)
- Collaboration and Teamwork
Employees are responsible for demonstrating a working knowledge of how Operations, Production Planning, Engineering and Quality interact across the supply chain. Associates will gain valuable experiences in:
- Participating in the planning, production and distribution of products and services
- Maintaining or improving manufacturing operational cost, efficiency, capacity, and compliance
- Learning about designing or redesigning new products
- Understanding the impact of the business on the customer experience
- Maintaining quality and regulatory compliance
Associates may also have the opportunity to interface with internal customers and external vendors to make capital improvement to manufacturing systems and equipment.
Associates will have the responsibility to supervise in-house and contracted personnel on production lines and/or in the daily business. Participants may be responsible for or will assist in the selection, purchase, installation, and validation of new equipment or system.
Associates may participate in preparing documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), equipment effectiveness studies, and validation protocols.
Associates may also participate in activities that include auditing, planning, forecasting, designing and executing cost improvement projects and developing design standards.
A Bachelor's Degree in a Supply Chain or Engineering related field is required
An interest in exploring multifunctional assignments within Engineering, Operations/Supply Chain, and Quality is required
Candidates must have 1 year (minimum) of cumulative, relevant work experience. Co-operational experiences & Internships will count toward cumulative work experience if assignments are in relevant business areas including Supply Chain, Operations, Engineering or Quality. Prior co-op experience working in Medical Devices & Diagnostics and/or Pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
AutoCAD, Tooling Design, and Statistics experience from either academia or industry is preferred.
A minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale) is preferred.
Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are preferred.
Eligible candidates should be within one-year of graduation date
Permanent US work authorization required - without sponsorship
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)