Johnson & Johnson Careers
HR Head, Johnson and Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV)
Requisition ID: 4249180615
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a HR Head, Johnson and Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV). This position is located in Santa Ana, CA.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly- based healthcare company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world competes in the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices markets and has the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
The HR Head, Johnson and Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) will actively support business leaders to drive the talent agenda and enable business results through Coaching, Talent Management, Organizational Design, Change Management, Culture Development and Business Partnering. The incumbent will address complex organizational challenges by providing HR leadership in support of local business goals, enterprise and sector HR strategies. The position is responsible for managing the HR work for the assigned client groups within their team and ensuring the delivery of an integrated HR strategy for the overall organization by establishing priorities, aligning resources and managing the implementation activities of the local HR team.
- Deploy global/standardized HR strategy in partnership with local Business leaders to drive the achievement of business objectives in the following areas: organizational design, succession planning, career management, performance management, and workforce planning
- Drive a strong culture through application of organizational development interventions, coaching and business partnership with leadership
- Lead global HR team, either through direct reporting or through matrix, as needed
- Access and derive insights from HR Dashboard of talent analytics to inform talent strategies in the development of diverse leadership talent and technical capability across the business
- Partner with the Global or Cross Sector Function leaders to shape/define culture, Credo, employee engagement and change initiatives
- Identify key capabilities aligned with business goals, conducts gap analysis and develops and implements buy/build strategies in partnership with business leaders
- Manage the portfolio of HR work for a region and sector(s) in support of business goals, enterprise and sector HR strategies
- Play a consultative role in employee communication in change initiatives within client groups
- Instill cultural discipline to ensure global deployment of core processes and program across the sector/region
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience is required. A minimum of 7 years of progressive HR or HR related experience required including managerial experience coaching and leading talent.
- Global experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional partners and upper management to impact decision-making is required.
- Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis is required.
- Outstanding and clear communication skills is required; Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and articulate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Highly strategic business knowledge with ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking is required.
- Must be capable of creating one’s own agenda and deliverables based on strategy.
- Must be able to anticipate/proactively manage the learning needs of cross-departmental constituents.
- Proactively able to set direction and prioritize work for team.
- Agile and able to change behavior across range of situations, strong change management capabilities are required.
- Direct experience with setting and delivering measurable objectives is required.
- Strategic business partnership: cross-functional leadership, business acumen & understanding of organizational dynamics, influencing skills, objectivity is required.
- Function leadership required: Coaching/mentoring skills to train and develop staff required; Experience in building teams; Development and application of best practices and global standards; Effective conflict management; Innovative thinking is required.
- Approximately 20% travel required domestically.
United States-California-Santa Ana
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)