Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Account Management Learning & Development- Titusville, NJ- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Requisition ID: 4242190116
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is recruiting for a Director, Account Management Learning & Development, based in Titusville, NJ (strongly preferred) or Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Account Management L&D is accountable to assess organizational needs, align training strategies based on those needs, and develop the Key Account Management and Field Management Customer-Facing Roles. The Director is responsible developing the strategic approach to the design, development, and implementation of ongoing learning programs for the Janssen Key Account Management role while partnering with Learning and Development Leaders to shape and deliver content that can be leveraged and delivered at the Franchise level.
The Director is responsible to independently maintain expert status in the technical aspects of these roles, including but not limited to the account management approach, operations, reimbursement and market access. The individual will have expertise in healthcare ecosystem trends and an understanding of related implications to external stakeholders and Janssen businesses. In addition, the individual should maintain a high fluency in evolving trends in the healthcare environment, the marketplace, and access.
Accordingly, the Director ensures that learning initiatives are in alignment with business strategy and support franchise account management objectives by partnering closely with Brand Leadership, Janssen Learning & Development Board and Field Sales Leadership Board. The individual provides strategic direction for training and development programs across the franchise to ensure consistent account management approaches, coordination of efforts, and sharing of best practices, from new hire curriculum to continuous training for tenured professionals. The Director coaches others on using adult learning principles, facilitation skills, and innovative learning technology to develop high impact learning solutions. The Director also provides ongoing coaching and development of Account Management Trainers to foster
their short-term and long-term career growth.
Learning Solutions & Platforms
- Ensures alignment of learning and development solutions with short-term and long-term business objectives across the organization.
- Maintain high fluency in healthcare trends and implications to equip learners to engage stakeholders in meaningful, results-driven conversations.
- Maintain high level of fluency and expertise in the areas of healthcare ecosystem, access, and marketplace trends to inform strategies and approaches.
- Encourages others to use innovative tools and technology to enhance the learning experience and assists others with adopting new technology solutions.
- Understands, applies, and remains current in adult learning principles and advanced facilitation skills to develop and execute the most effective learning programs.
- Monitors and evaluates team’s progress towards goals, while managing budget, compliance guidelines, resources, and workload to maximize outputs and effectively address training needs and opportunities.
- Identifies solutions for competing requests and demands from business partners.
- Partners with vendors to manage the development of new training content. Manages RFP process, evaluates progress, and ensures measurable return for project outputs.
- Oversees, participates in, and/or leads the coaching, coordination, and delivery of learning programs.
- Leads the development of standardized competency model for Janssen Account Management
- Integrates an understanding of the business objectives, strategies, and operational procedures of cross-functional partners (e.g., field management, Marketing, Market Access, Policy and Quality team) into learning solutions.
- Develops a comprehensive learning journey based on key skills needed to meet business objectives and expectations
- Prioritizes competencies for each role, aligns learning journey based on level and skill required
- Facilitates and encourages collaboration between team members to further their effectiveness, enhance organizational efficiency, and maximize goal attainment.
- Builds and leverages internal and external partnerships to identify and ensure alignment of learning solutions with critical business needs.
- Sets and communicates goals, expectations, and priorities for Managers or Trainers to ensure business needs are met.
- Helps team adapt to shifting priorities, cross-functional objectives, and the unpredictable environment.
- Serves as a role model and mentor to motivate team members to show initiative, be innovative, and demonstrate high work quality.
- Ensures team consistently works within compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Facilitates learning opportunities, networking, and team member exposure to higher levels of the organization.
- Helps others navigate the organization successfully and influence decision makers at various levels.
- Recruits, hires, and develops a diverse team of talent with the ability to deliver results and that shows potential as future leaders.
- Provides coaching and feedback based on individual’s developmental needs for current and future roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree a plus
- Requires at least 8 years of industry and/or sales and Account Management experience and at least 3 years in people management
- Experience in market access trends, healthcare policy changes and implications is required
- Proven ability to build a team in a matrix environment preferred
- Prior training experience is strongly preferred and experience in delivering training in multiple learning platforms (workshop, virtual, e-learning, simulation, gamification) is also preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)