Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Medical Affairs Leader, Neuroscience
Requisition ID: 4240190508
Janssen Global Services, a member of Johnson & Johnson's family of companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Director, Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) Neuroscience, located in Titusville, NJ.
Janssen Global Services, L.L.C. (JGS) is a legal corporate entity encompassing a unique group of departments/organizations/teams that provide leadership across business critical areas for Janssen, the pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson. The following groups make up JGS: Global Commercial Strategy Organization, Global Pharmaceutical Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceutical Procurement Group (USPPG); and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development (PGBD).
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Medical Affairs Leader (GMAL) is responsible for leading the clinical-commercial optimization of product development and life cycle management strategies and plans for the Neuroscience therapeutic area. He/she will partner closely with Regional Medical TA/product leaders to develop integrated global medical affairs perspectives, strategies and plans. The GMAL will be an integral member of the Disease Area Strategy Team, the Compound Development Teams, and Global Commercial Teams as well as an ad hoc member of the clinical teams, Global Marketing Teams and licensing sub-committee of the therapeutic area and will be responsible for development of the global medical affairs plan that reflects prioritized regional needs, and which are included in the overall Compound Development Plan. In addition, the GMAL will be accountable for the global publications plans, global opinion leader relations, global medical education (including symposia, speaker training) and global advisory boards for products starting in early development (phase IIA) and through launch. The GMAL will also be responsible for facilitating and ensuring a consistent approach to Medical Affairs programs/activities globally.
The GMAL will develop global medical affairs strategy and plan for the compound based on prioritizing regional needs; working with the CDT ensures integration with the overall global compound strategy, resulting in one global R&D and Medical Affairs compound development plan, inclusive of developing a Target Product Profile representing medical affairs global and regional value needs. The GMAL provides a single Medical Affairs voice into the creation of compound development and LCM strategies, plans and trial design from phase IIa through phase IV ensuring optimal product differentiation. Responsible for pre-launch medical activities including product/Therapeutic Area global advisory boards, medical symposia and congress activities, coordination of regional activity in these areas. The GMAL will be an active member of the CDT and will lead a global Medical Affairs TA Team consisting of regionally designated Therapeutic Area Medical Affairs Leaders to create one medical affairs perspective and one "unified" voice on the CDT; Collaborates closely with the regional medical affairs representatives to develop integrated global medical affairs strategies and plans and maintain open, two-way communication to ensure regional medical affairs is up to date on all plans, progress and decisions. The GMAL will synchronize input and output of the Med Affairs plan with the strategic and business plan calendars. The GMAL is the process owner for ReCAP for products and global publications planning process oversight (pre-launch and throughout lifecycle) including manuscripts, abstracts, posters and papers as well as pre-launch global KOL communications & speaker development. Review of manuscripts to ensure alignment with strategy and effective communication/presentation in internal and external audiences (eg. Symposia). For studies run out of the Global Affairs Team, the incumbent will sign off on the protocol and the study reports as the Study Responsible Physician. The GMAL is responsible to ensure all global activities follow J&J Compliance principles, e g. Health Care Compliance, etc. for new products and will oversee and coordinate the Medical Information Core Responses.
- A minimum of an MD degree is required
- Specialty training in the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area (Neurologist / Psychiatrist) is highly preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of combined relevant experience in a medical/clinical environment and/or scientific function in the pharmaceutical industry or CRO is required
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in the Medical Affairs environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of products, both J&J and competitors, in the Neuroscience Area is preferred.
- A demonstrated track record leading highly matrixed, cross-functional work teams comprised of high-level managers and executives is required.
- A demonstrated track record of success within Medical Affairs and/or clinical R&D is required.
- Global mindset and direct experience in multiple markets and a proven ability to partner cross culturally/regionally is required.
- In-depth knowledge of study methodology, study data reviews and analysis is required.
- Excellent knowledge of study execution, benefit risk management and regulatory affairs is preferred.
- Experience in the generation of real world evidence plans as well as market access requirements are desired
- A highly innovative individual with the ability to drive a complex and changing environment and effectively manage and resolve issues within the TA is needed.
- Proven ability to act as a medical spokesperson for external audiences is required.
- Also required is strong experience developing and managing strategic relationships with medical experts/opinion leaders.
- Strong leadership experience with the ability to influence stakeholders is an asset.
- Proven business understanding and a proven track record on ethics as related to Credo principles is required.
- This position will require 25% or more annual travel in the US and internationally.
United States-New Jersey-Titusville-
Janssen Global Services, LLC (6085)