Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Counsel, Litigation
Requisition ID: 4239190508
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Litigation, to be located in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Senior Counsel position is for an attorney within the Litigation Group of the Law Department of Johnson & Johnson. The responsibilities of this position are to advise and represent the company concerning Complex Commercial Disputes globally in all sectors, with an emphasis on US litigation and international arbitration.
As Senior Counsel, you will report to the Assistant General Counsel, Complex Commercial Litigation Practice Group Lead, and:
- Provide advice concerning pre-litigation commercial disputes.
- Provide advice regarding avoidance or initiation of litigation or arbitration as appropriate.
- Develop and implement affirmative litigation strategies.
- Defend the company in litigation and arbitrations.
- Select and supervise outside litigation counsel.
- Develop strategy and substantive tactics (in consultation with outside counsel) in litigation and arbitration.
- Retain and manage experts to support and/or testify in litigation and arbitration.
- Negotiate and manage legal budgets.
- Respond to third party subpoenas.
- Advise the company on commercial issues that relate to existing or potential litigation or arbitrations.
- Provide advice across a broad range of civil matters, including contract disputes (e.g. licenses, supply agreements, etc.); congressional inquiries; and administrative proceedings.
- A Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience practicing as an attorney is required.
- Extensive commercial litigation experience is required.
- The ability to master complex substantive legal frameworks, including commercial, advertising, regulatory, tax, securities, congressional investigations, and other substantive practice areas is required. Experience in one or more of these practice areas is a plus.
- The ability to work collaboratively with law department, commercial, regulatory, medical affairs, finance, tax, and other Johnson & Johnson colleagues is required.
- The ability to influence cross-functional partners and upper management to impact decision making is required.
- The ability to “have an opinion” backed by insight and confidence to influence stakeholders in meetings and on a one on one basis is required.
- Outstanding and clear communication skills, and the ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and articulate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely is required.
- Business acumen with the ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking is required.
- Prior experience in pharmaceutical, medial device and/or consumer industries is preferred.
- This position is based in New Brunswick, NJ.
- Up to approximately 10% international and domestic travel may be required.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)