Johnson & Johnson Careers
Maintenance Team Leader, Storeroom
Requisition ID: 4237180614
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Incorporated, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Maintenance Team Leader, Storeroom located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Lead a team of skilled technicians to maintain, continuously improve, and support both packaging and process equipment through storeroom management. Ensure conformity to all quality, safety, health, and environmental requirements. Coach and develop your team, and build relationships within a broad site team, across functions and departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts safety and environmental operations to meet requirements for the site.
• Assure that direct reports are fully and effectively trained and work in compliance with applicable SOPs, cGMPs, regulatory requirements, safety, environmental, and Company policies.
• Understand and ensure adherence to the collective bargaining agreement.
• Facilitate communication activities and act as liaison between hourly colleagues and other leaders at the site. Communicate operational information and solicit feedback from direct reports.
• Coach and counsel direct reports regarding operations and/or colleague performance. Administer corrective action as necessary.
• Initiate and lead activities to improve operations.
• Provide leadership necessary to effectively implement and execute change.
• Works with contractors and vendors to keep track of performance requirements including cost, quality, safety, and environmental.
• The Team Leader will help create a work environment that embraces change by providing the leadership needed to implement and execute goals to meet business requirements.
• The Team Leader will be responsible for: partnering with operations, functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the flow and use of material, machine and human resources.
• Provide leadership for storeroom including supervision, safety management and skills development.
• Work with storeroom team, customers and suppliers to optimized inventory availability and carrying costs, in support of production and maintenance objectives.
• Sustain progressive customer focus and value creation focus in stores and team.
• Meet compliance requirements for inventory accuracy, financial controls, environmental and quality verifications, receipts accuracy.
• Ensure inventory management excellence, including security, replenishment, proper storage and maintenance, timely receipt and issuance, inventory count and reconciliation, new item justification, timely inventory reviews for obsolescence and proper quantities.
• Create computer generated reports, analyze data, and act on report data to determine course of action for problem resolution and performance improvement.
• Develop and use metrics that accurately measure key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement and elimination of waste in various stores work processes and inventory management.
• Manage receiving process to ensure accurate and timely receipt of all procured goods.
• Maintain high standard of housekeeping, organized storage layout, and efficient parts flow.
• Ensure stores tools and safety equipment are maintained to be safe and reliable.
• Lead meetings and initiatives with operations teams to develop action plans to facilitate process improvements and resolution of inventory control problems.
• Meet materials compliance, financial controls, stores best practice objectives.
• Represent the Lititz storeroom for advancing inventory management excellence and other improvement initiatives.
• Partner with existing computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) subject matter expert (SME) to complete diagnostic of the storeroom, and determine future state with accompanying action plans.
The Team Leader assures that direct reports are fully and effectively trained and work in compliance with applicable S.O.P.s, cGMPs, regulatory requirements, safety, environmental, and Company Policies
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required.
• A degree focused in Engineering or a related technical field is preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years experience with a Bachelor’s degree or five (5) years total experience with an Associate’s degree required.
• Experience in a regulated environment is preferred.
• A minimum of two (2) years of proven supervisory experience is required.
• Previous experience in a healthcare manufacturing environment preferred.
• Previous manufacturing and packaging experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills are required.
• Excellent technical writing skills are preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office is required; Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, listening, negotiating and problem-solving/decision-making skills are required.
• Previous experience with managing department budgets is preferred.
• Demonstrated project management experience is preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
• OSHA Training is preferred.
• Technical discipline is preferred.
• This position is located in Lititz, PA, and may require up to 10% of travel domestically.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)