Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist II, Immunology - La Jolla, CA
Requisition ID: 4236190909
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research and Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist II to become a member of the Immunology Discovery group/Innate Immunity. You will work in a fast paced, highly matrixed and interactive environment. We are focused on discovering novel therapeutics to treat various diseases including inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. As an Associate Scientist II in La Jolla, CA, you will be part of a broader group including members in the Spring House, PA campus focusing on innate immune mechanisms and pathways.
You will have direct responsibilities to independently design and execute experiments, analyze and accurate record data in compliance with data integrity requirements, present the findings to peer scientists and draft technical sections of regulatory documents.
You will also be a part of an amazing research culture. One that highly values our employees and the patients that we are working to help!
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- BS degree or MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology, Immune-oncology or related discipline
- With a BS degree, you should have 2-5 years of industry experience and with a MS degree you should have 1-3 years of industry experience
- Experience working on assay development to support high-through put screening or compound characterization
- Technical proficiency in ELISA, multiplex assays (Luminex or MSD), Western blot and qPCR/RT-PCR
- Strong experience in developing biochemical assays (binding, enzyme activities and signaling) or cellular assays (isolation of primary cells, cell culture, activation, proliferation, differentiation and cellular interactions) including transduction for establishing stable cell lines
- Experience with multi-parameter Flow cytometry analysis of immune cells
- Excellent social skills and strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues
- Experience with molecular mechanisms downstream of immune receptors and cellular mechanisms of adaptive immune systems
- Position may require up to 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)