Johnson & Johnson Careers
San Diego, California
Requisition ID: 4235191007
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, in the Discovery Immunology team, located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the Innate Immunity and gastroenterology group in La Jolla, CA. The qualified candidate should have a PhD in immunology, a strong postgraduate training and research in mucosal immunology or cellular immunology (preferentially in innate immunity and myeloid cells), with at least 2-3 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and drug discovery. The qualified candidate needs also to have evidence of scientific productivity reflected in publications in peer-reviewed journals, and strong oral, written and interpersonal skills. The candidate will work on diverse project teams in a fast-paced and highly matrixed environment. Experience in performing complex flow cytometry experiments and in vivo studies are required.
• Ph.D. in Immunology with strong postgraduate training and research experience in mucosal or cellular immunology is required, preferentially in innate immunity and myeloid cells.
• Hands-on experience in primary mouse immune cell isolation is required.
• Demonstrated experience in innate immune cell characterization by multicolor flow cytometry (10+ colors) is required.
• Hands-on experience with in vivo mouse models of IBD and inflammation (SC/IP/PO) dosing and tissue harvest is required.
• Isolation of myeloid cells and lymphocytes from intact tissues such as intestine is preferred.
• Track record of having launched and driven immunology projects successfully and independently is required, for the identification of new disease mechanisms and therapeutic targets to pursue in mucosal immunology and experimental study design.
• Minimum industry experience of 2 years is required, preferentially in a matrix-based pharmaceutical environment, with proven track record of launching and leading preclinical programs of drug discovery up to NME.
• Strong track record of publications is required.
• This position is located in La Jolla, CA and may require minimal (<5%) travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)