Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Analytics Engineer-JJSC
Requisition ID: 4235190116
Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain Digital & Analytics group is recruiting for a Senior Analytics Engineer who will apply innovative analytics to drive business improvement and competitive advantage. This position has the option to sit in any J&J offices in USA, but preferred location is New Jersey.
At the core of our business strategy is the value of reliable, real-time data on a large scale - “the great equalizer” - and insights that come out of the data using Advanced Analytics. Our ability to leverage cognitive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to drive speed and agility in our supply chain will give us competitive edge. Accelerated adoption of cutting edge advanced analytics embedded in the operational workflow is required to achieve our goals.
The Senior Analytics Engineer in JJSC Digital Advanced Analytics group will be focused on developing and deploying advanced mathematical models & analytics to obtain business intelligence and support data-driven decision making in operations and supply chain. The scope of responsibility encompasses analytics-based decision support across J&J Global Supply Chain organization at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- Develop and deploy Operations Research (O.R.) optimization models and simulation models to effectively support data-driven decision making and achieve significant business improvement.
- Independently lead/support multiple O.R. modeling projects as required. Manage and execute project activities throughout problem framing, data collection, model development, testing, deployment, results tracking and continuous improvement phases.
- Perform data cleaning, quality assessment, pre-processing and analysis.
- Ensure on-time delivery of technical solutions that meet business needs, and manage business partner satisfaction relative to deliverables. Provide end user training on the mathematical models and decision support tools to ensure proper adoption and sustained use of the solutions.
- Partner with business leaders and stakeholders in various functional groups (e.g., manufacturing, operations, procurement, engineering, quality assurance, supply chain planning, materials management, logistics) to identify analytics application opportunities.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Management Science or other related quantitative disciplines. A Master’s or Ph.D. degree in these fields is strongly preferred.
- Must have 4+ years (with Bachelor’s degree) or 2+ years (with Master’s degree) of industry experiences in successfully deploying O.R. mathematical models & advanced analytics in operations and supply chain areas.
- Strong technical competency and hands-on skills in developing optimization models (e.g., LP, MIP, NLP, QP, CPLEX, Gurobi, Xpress) and decision support tools.
- Proficiency with programming in R, Python, C, C++, Java is preferred.
- Strong data manipulation and analysis skills. Hands-on skill with databases, SQL query, and Excel Pivot Table is required.
- Experience with simulation software (e.g., Arena, Crystal Ball, Risk Solver Platform) is preferred.
- Experience with data visualization and presentation (Tableu, Qlik, Power BI, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with statistical analysis, machine learning, big data architecture and distributed computing tools (Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Kafka, etc.) is a plus
- Must have strong project management, leadership, presentation, communication, and business partnering and collaboration skills.
- Background in manufacturing, supply chain management and system deployment is preferred.
- Experience in Six Sigma and Lean is a plus.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Outlook, etc.).
- Self-motivated, organized, energetic, results-driven and a fast learner. Able to multi-task.
United States-New Jersey-Bridgewater-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)