Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Financial Analyst
Requisition ID: 4233180223
BabyCenter is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team and manage compliant revenue accounting processes. We are looking for someone who has the ability to work with large amounts of information, synthesize trends and insights, and communicate findings to an executive audience. The right candidate will have the ability to collaborate with business partners to transform operational data into insights, create working models to foresee challenges, and influence others to take action. This person will also have demonstrated analytical experience and can operate independently and proactively, contribute ideas and thought leadership, and successfully interact with executive management as well as others at various levels throughout the organization.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Finance Manager at our headquarters in San Francisco.
- Perform monthly close processes: revenue reconciliation, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis.
- Perform budget vs. actual analysis reviews with various levels of management.
- Partner with sales leadership to own quarterly incentive compensation payment processes and annual incentive compensation contract reviews.
- Own budget preparation and budget vs. actual P&L analysis.
- Own limited aspects of corporate submissions and J&J financial reporting.
- Perform bimonthly global revenue pipeline reporting.
- Partner with cross-functional business counterparts to develop annual business plans and analyze year-to-date performance and historical trends. Collaborate with responsible parties to develop action plans to close any identified gaps. Make financial updates in accordance with the J&J financial calendar.
- Handle intercompany transactions with J&J affiliate companies.
- Manage SOX control documentation and participate in SOX testing and audit activities as needed.
Other possible responsibilities
These go beyond core accounting and create links into the business:
- Lead, innovate, and execute a range of value-creating projects to drive superior business results. Ad hoc projects include data analysis, insights generation, and communication of results.
- Support ad reporting, including generation of client performance reports and data needed to populate invoicing.
- Process improvements to support optimization of digital sales and media fulfillment.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably with a major in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- A minimum of 3 years related business experience is required
- 3+ years of progressive experience in financial analysis, accounting, reporting, and planning experience is preferred
- A CPA or CMA is preferred; will support ongoing work to get certification
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required to include VLOOKUPS, pivot tables, formulas, and the ability to create and use complex models
- High level of proficiency in creating PowerPoint presentations is required, along with the ability to present to all levels of leadership within the organization
- Database or Salesforce experience preferred
- Revenue accounting experience is preferred
- SAP experience is preferred
- Experience with SOX compliance is a plus
- A track record of successfully delivering analyses that drive tactical and strategic decision-making
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work autonomously
- Highly organized, proactive, and passionate about the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with a broad range of responsibilities
- This position will be located in San Francisco, CA, and may require up to 5% travel
BabyCenter is the world's #1 pregnancy and parenting digital destination, reaching more than 45 million parents a month in every corner of the globe through 11 owned and operated properties in nine different languages. In the United States, 8 in 10 new and expectant moms online use BabyCenter each month. We reach 1 in 5 new and expecting moms online throughout the world.
BabyCenter LLC is a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. BabyCenter does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, political ideology, ancestry, the presence of any physical, sensory, or mental disabilities, or other legally protected status.
United States-California-San Francisco
BabyCenter, LLC (6009)