Johnson & Johnson Careers
Maintenance Flight Engineer
Requisition ID: 4226190115
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Flight Engineer for their Ewing, New Jersey facility.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Maintenance Flight Engineer Duties:
Tests, troubleshoots, and repairs aircraft mechanical systems. Adjusts aircraft systems rigging; Repairs aircraft electrical systems; Services and inspects auxiliary power unit and aircraft engines; Performs aircraft servicing; Maintains interior components; Performs structural repairs; Maintains and repairs hangar and ground support equipment; Supervises outside maintenance; Completes all records and paperwork properly and neatly and in accordance with the CFRs and company policies and procedures. All paperwork to be returned to the Supervisor of Aircraft Maintenance; Maintains awareness of all federal aviation regulations, aircraft and engine manufacturers maintenance manual procedures, and company policies and procedures related to company operated aircraft and facility; Assumes responsibility for the security and maintenance of department property; Performs other tasks in a satisfactory manner as deemed necessary by the Supervisor, Aircraft Maintenance. Continues studies in the aircraft maintenance area for self-improvement and upgrading: and Inspects incoming fuel deliveries for quality and water contamination.
Flight Engineer Duties:
Report to the Pilot-in-Command when assigned to a flight and will be assign duties as required; In flight he/she will occupy the jump seat on takeoff and landing or as required by the Pilot in-Command. The Flight Engineer will not have any active duties in the cockpit, but will call the Pilot-in-Command's attention to any discrepancies or oversights he/she may note in addition to observing for other traffic. When a third pilot is serving as an additional crew member the Flight Engineer will be in the cabin to assist passenger during an emergency evacuation; Is responsible for the commissary supplies aboard the aircraft and for ordering commissary per passenger request; Act as cabin attendant, greet the passengers as they board, store and secure baggage, and brief passengers on safety procedures. While in flight, serves meals and refreshments
Maintains awareness of all federal aviation regulations, aircraft and engine manufacturers maintenance manual procedures, and company policies and procedures related to company operated aircraft and facility; Assumes responsibility for the security and maintenance of department property; Performs other tasks in a satisfactory manner as deemed necessary by the Supervisor of Aircraft Maintenance; Continue studies in the aircraft maintenance area for self-improvement and upgrading; and When not assigned flight duty, assume the duties and responsibilities of the maintenance engineer or as directed by the Manager of Aircraft Maintenance.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- · A High School diploma or GED is required.
- · Airframe and Powerplant FAA Certification is required.
- · Minimum of 3 years Gulfstream Aircraft Experience related to maintenance, test and troubleshooting is strongly desired.
- · Graduation from a formal maintenance school, military or civilian, is required.
- · Knowledge of current CFRs and FARs. pertaining to aircraft maintenance, inspection and repairs is required.
- · Attendance at the manufacturer's school related to the type and category of aircraft in service OR a minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience on the type of aircraft in service is required.
- · Agusta AW-139 Helicopter experience is desired
- · Prior experience as a cabin attendant as part of the flight crew servicing passengers is required.
- · Good physical condition to satisfactorily pass company physical examination is required
- · Must be willing to live or relocate within 50 miles of Ewing, New Jersey.
- · This position will require up to 50% travel both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-West Trenton-
Johnson & Johnson (6067)