Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Global Brand Communications (JJVC)
Requisition ID: 4217181010
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (JJVC), Global Brand Communications. The position will be based in Jacksonville, FL or Santa Ana, California.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health around the world. Through our operating companies, we deliver innovation that enables eye care professionals to create better outcomes for patients throughout their lives, with products and technologies that address unmet needs including refractive error, cataracts and dry eye. In communities with greatest need, we work in collaboration to expand access to quality eye care, and we are committed to helping people see better, connect better and live better. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Senior Manager, Global Brand Communications will be responsible for helping to create the strategy and deliver the implementation of integrated PR programs to support the business objectives for the ACUVUE® mega brand working across the organization’s marketing, digital, consumer, professional and R&D functions. Includes responsibility for both marketed and pipeline products to ensure market readiness for the launch of new vision correction technology and devices. This position also takes a lead role in driving a diverse array of external global communications projects for the Johnson & Johnson Vision company brand (reputation-building programs, acquisitions, etc.) that will have impact across both the Surgical and Contact Lens businesses.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Oversee global brand PR budgets, manage agencies, coordinate with regional communicators and hold relationships with both professional and consumer-facing media to ensure global programs that will be activated locally to drive success.
- Working in close coordination with the WW Director for Vision Care Communications, is responsible for media strategies and broader PR programs that will build equity and drive loyalty for the ACUVUE franchise, to include the development and delivery of metrics to measure success / impact.
- Serve as a lead contributor during Business Planning process for all ACUVUE® sub-brands, securing PR program funding and bringing new ideas to the table to elevate the brand’s marketplace impact.
- Develop a compelling franchise/brand story to tell throughout the calendar year, across internal and external channels, that will elevate J&J Vision’s reputation as an innovator in vision correction and eye health. Includes development of sharable collateral to grow PR impact.
- Develop and execute strategic communications plans to maximize the launch of new products and the dissemination of new scientific data and publications
- Oversee all compliant-based programs for product PR, including partnership with Healthcare Compliance (HCC) for professional programs.
- Build partnerships with brand digital teams to drive relevant positioning and conversations with global consumers and across marketing- and corporate-owned channels.
- Work in a collaborative manner across functions (e.g., consumer and professional marketing, medical affairs, R&D, etc.) to drive increased external awareness for the importance of vision correction and J&J Vision’s innovation.
- Participate in Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) process to provide input to regional and/or global leaders regarding external brand communications.
- Help manage the reputation and equity of ACUVUE® product brands through anticipation of issues and appropriate management of them.
- As needed, serve as a lead contributor in managing internal and external communications for acquisitions in the eye health space. Includes preparing business leaders and other leaders to engage internally and externally with our employees and customers.
- Collaborate with enterprise, regional and sector colleagues to drive broad awareness and impact of communications strategies.
- Oversee the development of internal communication materials on pertinent brand programs and placements for key product-branded activations.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in communications is required.
- A career with a focus on branded PR campaigns, media relations and issues management is required
- Experience working in healthcare on global scale is required
- Experience in the Consumer arena preferred
- Experience in delivering measurable business outcomes for both professional and consumer-facing PR programs is required
- Experience counseling senior leaders on business opportunities, communications objectives, strategy and message is required
- Experience managing large-scale branded PR campaigns is required
- Experience working in a matrix environment and driving results through influence is required
- Demonstrates expert judgment in launching new products and is sought after as an expert is required
- Experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced and matrix environment is required
- Demonstrated ability to oversee agency partners is required
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations is required
- The position will require up to 20% domestic/international travel.
United States-California-Santa Ana
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)