Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Science Liaison, Haematology – Myeloma/Myeloid (12-month contract)
Requisition ID: 4204190508
Janssen Pharmaceutical, Companies of Johnson & Johnson is currently hiring a Medical Science Liaison- Haematology based in Alberta. The incumbent in this role will cover Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba and may have some national coverage as well. There is a good chance for this role to become permanent by the end of this assignment.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) holds primary responsibility for the execution of the Medical Affairs Plan. They are the point of contact for key opinion leaders (KOLs) in a given territory and help answer their medical, scientific and research needs within specific guidelines.
- Maintain up-to-date scientific expertise with regular attendance at key scientific / clinical conferences, training sessions and preceptorships to translate data into applicable knowledge and communication platform.
- Disseminate, review and present clinical and scientific data in a balanced, unbiased manner, to KOLs and other Health Care Professionals (HCPs), in group and one-on-one settings.
- Build positive relationships with HCPs based on scientific credibility.
- Develop scientific communication materials (slide presentations) for dissemination to HCPs through contacts and meetings and provide congress support.
- Ensure a regional scientific leadership strategy via trustworthy and informed scientific dialogue with KOLs.
- Accountable for relationships with all KOLs within their region (development and sustainability through clear engagement plans).
- Lead/participate in medical and scientific forums (i.e. ad boards and CMEs) where KOLs are involved.
- Support Phase IIIB/IV local and global clinical development program. Critical contributor to regional site identification, patient enrollment, and follow-up visits. Assist in the interpretation of results, post-hoc analyses, and research collaboration with investigators.
- Support investigator-initiated studies by fielding and assessing research requests, aligning investigator interests with Janssen’s research needs, and engaging investigators to ensure the successful execution and satisfactory completion of studies.
- Analyze data – new and post hoc – to develop insights and contribute to publications as appropriate
- Provide expert clinical consultation and support to business partners (i.e. Access, Medical Education, Sales and Marketing etc. as appropriate).
- Partner and collaborate with in-house business partners to facilitate ongoing exchange of clinical information.
- Provide regional medical perspective to influence the integrated Medical Affairs plan which complements the Integrated Lifecycle plans (ILCP).
- Support the Medical Science publication plan.
- Master’s Degree is required (focus in heamatology/oncology is an asset); Pharm.D. or Ph.D.is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years business experience in the pharmaceutical industry is an asset
- Past experience as a Medical Science Liaison is an asset
- Strong clinical and/or scientific background in Heamatology/oncology is highly preferred
- Consistent track record of contribution to commercial, medical and/or clinical development strategies
- Ability to acquire expertise in other therapeutic areas and products, depending on pipeline and/or changing business priorities is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in managing clinical/ scientific programs with a high degree of autonomy, including successfully managing significant programs from study concept to publication is an asset
- Strong knowledge of GCP, Rx&D code and Healthcare Compliance policies and procedures is an asset.
- Familiarity with working in an environment guided by SOPs is an asset
- Excellent team player interested in sharing knowledge and coaching/educating colleagues and peers
- Critical thinking and positive track record of flawless execution
- Proven ability to learn quickly, assimilate and distill large amounts of information and build and maintain relationships
- Proven proficiency to effectively communicate information to KOLs, as well as non-experts
- Ability to put data into perspective and communicate it concisely, as required
- Demonstrated critical thinking, strong project management skills and ability to impact decision-making with relevant stakeholders
- Business insight required, including prioritization skills and big picture orientation
- Scientific knowledge, curiosity, familiarity and interest to stay on top of emerging data and scientific trends within the therapeutic area
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, multitask and follow through in a field-based role
- Highly-developed communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively simplify and communicate complex material to a diverse array of audiences is required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other relevant software programs is an asset.
- Ability to travel up to 60%, both domestic and to the US, as this is a customer facing position. Overnight travel may be required.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)
Medical Science Liaison