Johnson & Johnson Careers
Assistant Scientist – Cell Gene Therapy Process Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4199190909
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Assistant Scientist – Cell Gene Therapy Process Development, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking to hire a highly energetic and collaborative Assistant Scientist, with demonstrated expertise in both bioprocess development and cell biology / immunology to join our CAR-T gene therapy team.
The individual’s responsibilities will include:
• Participate in the design and execution of experiments with intent to improve characterization techniques of autologous cell therapy starting material (apheresis).
• Carry out process characterization experiments to identify ranges of critical process parameters pertaining to apheresis cryopreservation process.
• Identify and evaluate innovation opportunities to improve manufacturing outcomes such as; reduce costs, throughput, and quality.
• Accurately capture data in a timely manner, ensuring data integrity and protocol compliance.
• Utilize electronic notebook and meet all data compliance requirements.
• Maintain all individual training requirements in a compliant state.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least 1-2 years of experience within the biologic, biopharmaceutical, or regulated pharmaceutical industry in is required.
• Experience with basic biological laboratory techniques such as flow cytometry, PCR, cell-based bioassays, and/or ELISA is preferred.
• Technical understanding of CAR-T or other cell and gene therapy products is preferred
• Knowledge in cGMP manufacturing of biological process is preferred
• Excellent communication skills
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 20% of domestic or international travel. Occasional weekend work may be required based on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)