Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead Business Analyst
Requisition ID: 4199190508
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lead Business Analyst. This position will be located in Somerville, NJ.
As the world’s most comprehensive medical devices business, we are building on a century of experience, merging science and technology, to shape the future of health and benefit even more people around the world. With our unparalleled breadth, depth and reach across surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions, we’re working to profoundly change the way care is delivered. We are in this for life. For more information, visit www.jnjmedicaldevices.com.
You will work with complex, high-dimensional data and work to integrate and analyze data sets as well as leading project teams, elicit needs, and act in a leadership role as a trusted business partner. This role will also be working with other business units to map business requirements into design specifications, and will implement data & analytics solutions according to D&A standards.
- Understands and applies standard methodology techniques to develop enterprise Data Lake, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing solutions.
- Carries data architecture ownership to develop data models, metadata solution which meet the needs of the organization's information systems, manages data dictionary and the flow of information using variety of data platforms.
- Performs source data analysis, data discovery, collaborates with business and peer teams to synthesize the business rules required for data acquisition and creation of information with context association.
- Possesses working knowledge of AWS cloud stack components (Redshift, S3, RDS), Informatica, Tableau and Qlik toolset or similar.
- Partners with Business Product Owners and Data Leads to define the IT needs and corresponding backlog stories.
- Maintains data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy. Participates in Data Governance meetings and engages with multi-functional teams to stay informed of the ways the organization uses its data and understands its potential impact to delivery of specific initiatives.
- Explains to business how requirements may be implemented from a functional standpoint.
- Understands development estimates and articulates different levels of effort required to address the changing priorities and requirements in a high paced environment.
- Tracks progress of the product development and reports to the IT and business partners on delivery status.
- Maps out complex business processes to serve as reference for development of data and analytics’ solutions and advocates for business process simplification where appropriate to deliver robust and cost effective solutions.
- Coordinates progress of data discovery, build of data foundation capabilities occurring in multiple Agile Scrum work streams. Co-ordinates work streams, activities and initiatives across Product Lines as needed.
- Ensures compliance requirements are met, leads documentation activities and participates in compliance activities as required.
- Ensures successful business product owner engagement and completion of user acceptance testing.
- Takes business requirements and writes specifications in a consumable format and terminology for development team.
- Provides technology leadership and data domain expertise to drive adaption of self-service analytics models and solutions.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of business experience in Information Systems/ Computer Sciences is required; Business Analytics Information Systems/ Computer systems background is preferred.
- Data analysis skills with hands-on expertise heterogeneous data sources is required.
- Deeper domain knowledge of ERP (Sales Domain) is preferred.
- Proven experience in analyzing data domains in pharma/medical devices sectors with commercial functions’ scope is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business partners to translate business needs into relevant big Data Lake and complementing business intelligence solutions is required.
- Demonstrated expertise in data analysis, applying domain expertise, building of data management capabilities like Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Quality, Data Modeling and Data Governance to deliver positive business impact is required.
- Demonstrable experience enabling business intelligence and visualization solutions in direct support of business is required.
- Agile project delivery experience is required.
- Analytics tools experience is preferred.
- Experience working with shared Application Services teams is preferred.
- This position is located in Somerville, NJ and may require up to 15% travel.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)