Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Scientist, R&D Chemistry
Requisition ID: 4197180223
The Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group, part of the Medical Devices sector within Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Chemistry in the Research & Development function at Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), located in Irvine, CA.
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Biosense Webster (BWI), Codman Neuro, Mentor, and Sterilmed. The CSS Group serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Electrophysiology (EP), Neurovascular and Neurosurgery, Surgical and Non-Surgical Aesthetics, and Reprocessing.
Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), division of Ethicon, Inc., a Johnson & Johnson company, truly makes a difference by Protecting Lives against Infection®. ASP has been innovating since 1987 to help healthcare facilities protect patients with best-in-class infection prevention solutions. Learn more about Advanced Sterilization Products at www.aspjj.com/us.
In this role, the Senior Scientist will
· Plan and execute research projects in support of new technologies associated with cleaning and disinfection or sterilization of medical instruments.
· Prepare and execute protocols/studies to support product development from initial feasibility to final product verification / validation.
· Develop, validate, and transfer associated test methods. Ensure quality of projects including design, execution, data summary and interpretation, and report preparation /review adherent to GDP and applicable regulations.
· Maintain awareness of the advances and needs in sterilization / disinfection.
· Seek out new ideas and applications through journals, patents, scientific reviews, and technical meetings.
· Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Chemistry or related field with 2+ years of applicable experience or Ph.D. in Chemistry or related field with 0-2 years of applicable experience.
· Knowledge in organic chemistry and formulation development or surfactants, detergents, disinfectants, and sterilants, or cleaning and sterilization technologies is required.
· A strong knowledge of analytical techniques is required; knowledge of analytical method development, validation, and transfer is preferred.
· Professional experience in a GxP-regulated industry and knowledge of QSR, FDA / ISO guidelines is preferred.
· Strong understanding of compliance with applicable laboratory and safety procedures is preferred.
· Strong track record of scientific publications or patents is preferred.
· Must possess effective oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrate the ability to effectively function in a cross-functional team environment.
· The successful candidate must be self-driven, innovative, have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and capable of working independently or in a team.
· This position is located in Irvine, CA and will require up to 15% domestic and/or international travel.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)