Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Product Development Area
Requisition ID: 4178190905
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist located in Fort Washington, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products company. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
The Senior Scientist will join the product development team and have a primary responsibility acting as a Development Area Lead, overseeing the operations, maintenance and life-cycle management of the R&D Formulation and Process Development Area. The Development Area is a multipurpose experimental area for the investigation and early development of solid and liquid dose OTC products. The areas capabilities include, blending, granulation (high shear and fluid bed), roller compaction, compression and coating. As a Senior Scientist you will be responsible for:
- Oversight of the raw materials and supplies inventory and storage supporting the Development Area, and the receiving dock supporting R&D. This includes oversight of full-time and contract resources assigned to the Development Area team.
- Ongoing formulation support in solids, and liquids product development during lab development, scale up/process development, and technology transfer, as well as providing equipment training.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners and works in a team environment with Technical Operations, Quality Assurance, Analytical, EH&S Procurement, Finance and Research and Development (R&D).
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A Bachelors degree in a Science/Technical related field such as Chemical Engineering, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biology is preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in pharmaceutical development OR a minimum of 5 years managing a development/clinical manufacturing facility is required
- Experience leading a team is required
- Experience with shipping and receiving of hazardous materials and controlled substances is required
- Prior formulation development or clinical manufacturing experience is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)