Johnson & Johnson Careers
Protein Expression Scientist
Requisition ID: 4176180613
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is hiring a Protein Expression Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Protein Expression Scientist in Biologics Research will be responsible for production of early biologics based therapeutic candidates to help drive decisions on biological activity and biophysical characteristics to help bring final candidates to NME. As a Protein Expression Scientist, you will:
- Collaborate with multiple therapeutic areas to help design and produce proteins and cell based tools to help drive scientific decision making in early candidate development
- The position will require hands-on laboratory work, project responsibilities and oversight of activities at external contract research organizations
- Responsibilities would include communication with different functional groups and project teams to update them on the progress of ongoing projects
- Managing aspects of the project workflow to ensure that projects remain on track and meet expectation
- This position will interact with multiple therapeutic areas, so a broad based scientific background and the drive to continue to learn new fields and techniques will be extremely important for this position
- A Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences or related field with at least 8 years’ experience in protein expression and protein biochemistry OR a Master’s degree in biological sciences or related field with at least 5 years’ experience in protein expression and protein biochemistry OR a Ph.D. in biological sciences or related field with at least 2 years of post-degree experience in protein expression and protein biochemistry is required
- Broad based experience in molecular and cell biology is required
- Experienced in cell transfection, cell growth, and methods of protein purification and analysis is required
- Experience in mammalian cell expression, including HEK293 and CHO cell lines is preferred
- Experience in small scale (96 well) to large scale (10-20 Liters) expression is preferred
- Familiarity with additional protein expression platforms such as E. Coli, insect cell, and yeast are preferred
- Expertise in targeted transgene integration and/or transposase mediated integration is preferred
- Experience in cell engineering including CRISPR/CAS 9 is preferred
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)