Johnson & Johnson Careers
Value Stream Manager
Raynham, Massachusetts; Raynham, Massachusetts
Requisition ID: 4172190116
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Value Stream Manager based in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• Responsible for managing and leading Value Stream production personnel to improve quality and output in a manufacturing operation in accordance with ISO 13485:2003 and FDA QSR Part 820 requirements.
• Will be responsible for leading, planning, and directing activities of Value Stream personnel including Production Supervisors and Department Leads and wage associates to meet and exceed overall departmental objectives.
• Responsible for building a culture of development and inclusion, to retain talent and develop a robust succession plan throughout the organization.
• Responsible for maintaining good communications and consistent policy application to associates on all shifts.
• Responsible for overall planning, scheduling, manufacturing and packaging of existing and newly developed products in areas of assignment in compliance with all regulatory and GMP requirements in a cost-effective manner and in accordance with planned budget.
• Maintain and improve quality standards and production processes.
• Responsible for proper maintenance of all Value Stream production machinery by coordinating these functions as necessary with Facilities/Engineering Department.
• Forecast machinery, material and equipment needed to meet requirements of new and existing products.
• Plan production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products while identifying direction and strategy for product flow throughout the Value Stream production area.
• Analyze production and operating reports and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
• Consistently meet training completion rates while staying current with corporate initiatives and maintaining business partner relationships.
• Set the standards for performance assessment and feedback, effective communication, promoting positive morale and supporting associate involvement programs.
• Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of integrity, ethics and compliance always.
• Consistently ensure that training of designated area personnel is up to date on applicable policies and procedures.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required with a focus in Engineering, Operations Management, or other relevant fields preferred.
• Advanced degree in business, Engineering, Operations, or other relevant fields is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years professional experience is required.
• Ability to build interdependent partnering relationships that facilitate the accomplishment of Operation’s goals/objectives is required.
• Basic project management skills are required.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word is required.
• Experience in a manufacturing operations environment is preferred.
• Experience in the Healthcare/Medical Devices industry is preferred.
• Experience working in FDA-regulated environments is preferred.
• Knowledge of capacity planning, financial acumen and a basic understanding of lean manufacturing technologies is preferred.
• Formal lean six-sigma/process excellence training and/or certification is preferred.
• Ability to be based in Raynham, MA and support up to 10% domestic and international travel is required.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)