DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a Research and Testing Engineer in our Tribology Test Group, Warsaw IN.
DePuy Synthes, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction designs, develops, and manufactures innovative, market-leading total joint replacement medical device implants and instruments that address the needs of orthopaedic surgeons and patients throughout the world. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Tribology Test Group is responsible for testing and reporting in-vitro wear performance of implants and creating clinically meaningful testing solutions to exercise new materials and designs with the goal to benefit patients, while meeting growing business challenges. As part of our talented and passionate team, you will drive the development of new technologies for orthopedic devices through all aspects of the product lifecycle. You will work with global product research and development teams, marketing, and supply chain groups to identify, evaluate and develop new technologies, materials and processes to drive cost-effective and differentiated medical devices of the highest quality. As part of our team, you will have opportunities to lead and perform hands-on testing, development and characterization work on both new-to-us and established technologies of value to our business. You will have opportunities for training and engagement with experts across the company and the scientific community to develop technical and leadership skills.
- Collaboratively solve technical problems and lead investigations within the group. Opportunity to work independently to plan, conduct, and lead sub-projects to meet project team, department and company objectives.
- Work effectively face-to-face and remotely on cross-functional project teams.
- Present project work to internal stakeholders. Author reports and scientific publications for internal and external publication. Generate intellectual property and patents in support of key technologies.
- Build and grow state-of-the-art knowledge and skills for application to experimental work and projects.
- Assist in the management of co-op students, lab technicians, and research engineers.
- Provide technical consulting to Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Quality, Clinical and Regulatory, and Manufacturing groups.
- Perform and, with input, design experiments, summarize and interpret data. Write test reports. Follow and develop new test methods and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree in biomedical engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering or other related Engineering or Science related field required. Preferred advanced Engineering or Science degrees (Masters or Ph.D.)
- 2 years relevant experience is required
- Product research and development experience in any of the following areas: tribological wear characterization; mechanical testing of metallic or ceramic materials; surface engineering, or associated work areas is highly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required
- Good understanding of experimental design is required
- Ability to partner effectively is required, especially at a global level across worldwide teams.
- Ability to assess, interpret and communicate the importance of technical data is required
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Experience in tribological wear testing is preferred
- Hands on laboratory experience.
- Industrial experience, although equivalent academic experience considered.
Domestic travel up to 5%
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)