Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Scientist I
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4169180222
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist I, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Associate Scientist I will perform routine and molecular histology within the molecular pathology laboratory of the Oncology Diagnostics department to support the Oncology Therapeutic Area and development of companion diagnostics.
• Conduct routine duties in histology, including specimen accessioning, specimen processing, paraffin block sectioning and staining
• Perform review of research to support Immunohistochemistry (IHC) assay development and present unsolicited ideas to team leaders/supervisors
• Assist in generating validation and technical reports
• Independently generate data in compliance with appropriate regulations, policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Maintain equipment and inventory according to department guidelines
• Collaborate effectively with Biobank to ensure proper management and filing of samples used by the molecular pathology lab
• Supply pathology results in the form of written and oral reports using Office tools. Maintain timely and accurate electronic notebook
• Follow all Environmental, Health & Safety laboratory safety standards and maintain company compliance requirements
• Maintain familiarity with College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvements Amendments (CLIA) regulations surrounding histopathology
• Keep current with technology developments that could impact histology based testing
• Attend in-house seminars and local/regional scientific meetings in own field
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum of a Master Degree with 1 year of experience OR a Bachelor Degree with 2 years of experience is required
- Life Sciences degree strongly preferred
- Experience in histopathology and immunohistochemistry is required
- Pharmaceutical or industry experience is preferred
- Cytology, Flow Cytometry (FACS), cell culture and western techniques is preferred
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Histotechnologist (HTL) certified or working toward eligibility with experience in immunohistochemistry is preferred
- Understanding of safe working practices with organic solvents is strongly preferred
- Physical dexterity as well as the ability to stand and lift up to 20 pounds is required
- Ability to work in Spring House, PA is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)