Johnson & Johnson Careers
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Research and Development Co-Op (January-June 2020)
Requisition ID: 4168190905
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer an exciting immersive 6-month co-op experience to develop technical leaders in Consumer Products Research and Development. In Consumer R&D, we develop products in the adult skin and hair, feminine care, oral health, wound care, infant, kids and teen categories. Included are such brand names as Band-Aid Adhesive Bandages, Johnson's Baby products, Neutrogena, Aveeno, Clean & Clear, Neostrata, Listerine, OGX, Rogaine, and Tylenol.
During the 6-month co-op term, the R&D Co-op will:
- Participate in the design, development, fundamental research and technical troubleshooting of consumer health products for regional and global markets.
- Have the opportunity to function in a laboratory environment and/or with a team of technical subject matter experts.
- Work within multi-functional and interdisciplinary teams with multiple internal and external partners.
- Partner with peers, senior personnel, and supervisors who will provide mentorship towards successful outcomes.
- Have opportunities to network with company leaders, lead community service activities, tour external J&J facilities, and present your work to a wide audience.
Multiple co-op positions are available for this term and these positions span several functional roles. Each co-op is assigned to a single function with a specific project. Below are examples of the various functional roles for which co-op positions may be available:
Formulation Science and Development: developing, testing, and scaling up new formulated products and ingredients (gels, emulsions, suspensions, creams, foams, lotions, cleansers, etc.)
- Relevant Experience: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science & Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Polymer Science, Biotechnology, Soft Matter Science, Food Science, Personal Care Science; formulation, chemical synthesis and analysis, wet chemistry, rheology, experience with polymers, surfactants, colloids, emulsions, and nanoparticles
Foundational Biology, Measurement Science and Product Efficacy Testing: utilizing biochemistry, optics and cell biology to develop and utilize new methods for testing product efficacy and new claim validation
- Relevant Experience: Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology, Biological Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Medical Optics, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Neuroscience; method development, cell culturing, in-vitro and in-vivo methodologies, aseptic techniques, clinical testing
Consumer Science, Clinical Testing, and Technology Development: interdisciplinary roles connecting various aspects of product science, consumer psychology and perception, computational analysis and modeling, data management, market research, etc.
- Relevant Experience: Computer Science, Behavioral Science, Psychology, Consumer Science, Neuroscience; consumer psychology, clinical research, image analysis, consumer products / personal care market research, programming, regulatory, technology entrepreneurship, toxicology, human factors and user experience
Package Engineering: developing and implementing packaging innovation and unique user experience, and developing supporting specifications, documentation, package line trials and package testing
- Relevant Experience: Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Materials Science, Engineering; package testing, package line trials, SolidWorks, 3D printing, knowledge of packaging materials
Consumer Device Engineering: prototyping, designing, developing and testing innovative consumer devices and engineered solutions based on deep consumer insights
- Relevant Experience: Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Systems Engineering, design control, technical drawing (CAD), medical devices, electronics, 3D printing and design, mechanical and electrical design and testing, programming, machine learning
- Current enrollment in a full-time undergraduate/graduate program seeking a degree majoring in a Science or Technology related field, with a final graduation date after the end of the stated co-op term (June 2020).
- A minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA at the time of application.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the 6-month co-op term
- Authorization to work in the United States without limitations and require no sponsorship for visa status now or in the future.
- Relevant internship, co-op, laboratory or retail work experience
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- History of leadership, multi-functional collaboration and/or participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
- Based on location of assignment, housing assistance is offered to students who live more than 50 miles from their work-site location. This housing assistance includes options for subsidized rent in a fully-furnished apartment close to the work-site, or a stipend payment for students to use at their discretion. Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student's responsibility, as most locations are not accessible via public transportation and company transportation is not provided.
- United States-New Jersey-Skillman
- North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Skillman-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)