Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Requisition ID: 4168190508
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Strategic Sourcing Manager located in Guaynabo Puerto Rico.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Source Senior Manager, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will represent Sourcing for Ethicon and Plant teams and with the teams will develop execution strategies to meet the needs of the Franchise/Plants using initiatives that are driven from Sourcing
Essential Functions/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively manage the Ethicon LLC site(s) supplier base through approval and regular review of supplier contracts and performance against them. Ensuring execution of the supply base strategy including tooling and equipment refurbishment/ownership decisions and follow through on CAPA’s. Secure appropriate storage & maintenance of Ethicon LLC supplier-related documents.
- Developing strong business relationships to understand the needs of a Franchise/Plant and the initiatives within Sourcing to develop effective category strategies key to a Franchise. Develop Franchise implementation plans for Enterprise Category Strategies. Support and represent Franchise Source on Horizontal Governance teams.
- Managing key Franchise supplier partnerships that positively contribute to the quality/efficiency of Supply Chain and R&D and in alignment with the Global Supplier Relationship Manager if one exists for the supplier.
- Managing supplier capabilities critical to a Franchise including, but not limited to, capacity planning, tooling and resource investments, and inventory management.
- Identifying opportunities to upgrade supplier skills that are critical to a Franchise through areas such as technology improvement, process improvements, lean innovation, etc.
- Meeting the goals of Sourcing for a Franchise in the areas of quality, delivery, continuity, cost improvement and efficiency.
- Participate in industry research and market surveys in order to stay current with best in class strategic sourcing practices and customer demands.
- Monitor and benchmark existing supply base within the global marketplace.
- Lead sourcing projects with suppliers for, but not limited to suppler qualifications, design changes, disengagements from a sourcing perspective.
- Comply with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001)
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, logistics, business administration, operations or equivalent experience is required. A Master’s Degree or MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in operations, logistics/supply chain or technical role within a high volume-manufacturing environment required (medical industry preferred).
- A minimum of 3 years of sourcing experience required or equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Certifications/Licenses and Languages:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, English and Spanish.
- Leadership: setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization.
- Computer literate.
- Negotiation skills required
- Customer focus
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Leadership skills
- Strong CREDO values
- Project management experience
United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo-
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)