Johnson & Johnson Careers
Procurement, New Product Development Lead
Requisition ID: 4145180603
Janssen Supply Group, LLC is a member of the J&J Family of Companies is recruiting for a Procurement, New Product Development Lead. This position is primarily located in Horsham, PA with consideration given to Titusville, NJ / Raritan, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ.
Janssen Supply Group, LLC is a global organization responsible for producing and supplying medicines to markets around the world. With quality as its primary focus, this group collaborates with Research & Development and Commercial partners to deliver life-changing solutions for patients in need.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including Cardiovascular, Metabolic, Mental Health, and Pain Management. Please visit www.JanssenPharmaceuticalsInc.com for more information.
The Procurement, New Product Development Lead will be responsible for leading the Procurement activities for the launch of new Johnson & Johnson products. This role requires leveraging and utilizing category strategies and collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy for new product launches. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
It will provide Global and Regional Leadership for developing end-to-end launch excellence such as category strategy alignment, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships in support of the product launch. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects
- Provide leadership in all aspects of global sourcing for new product introductions, having overall responsibility for cost / quality / service / Innovation and Supplier Diversity
- Drive sourcing strategy for products in development
- Drive alignment to category strategy across the pipeline
- Identify future category needs based on pipeline
- Work with colleagues across R&D, Commercial, and Supply Chain procurement to ensure launch readiness and execution
- Identify unmet needs, reduce risk and create value as part of New Product Launch Teams for Large Molecule, Small Molecule, Cell Therapy, Gene Therapy and Vaccines and proactively engage Categories in new product development as early in the process as possible to enable leveraging of Commercial Supply base for future business needs
- Build and manage effective relationships with New Product Teams, Scientific/ Technical Lead Integrators, R&D Procurement, Pharmaceutical Development and Material Sciences Teams and the CM&C to ensure Supplier compliance with Clinical trial raw material needs beginning at NME declaration
- Leverage Supplier partnerships to accelerate innovation on New Product unmet needs and will closely collaborate with relevant internal and external functional leads; ESIQ (QA/QC/SQ), ESI EH&S, Global Planning, Global Procurement (GSRMs), External Manufacturing (ESI), Category Leads; Packaging/Device, Bio/Vaccine, Chemicals, CMO’s Procurement Teams and Technical Operations (TO), Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM)
- Complete a comprehensive SWOT analysis for Large & Small Molecule New Products; API (DS), DP, FF and Device (if applicable) and CMO’s Procurement Organizations purchasing on behalf of Janssen Supply Chain – defining Business Continuity Plans in close collaboration with the Categories
- Be the Procurement Primary Point of Contact for the New Product Team and an active contributor to Integrated Product Strategy Roadmaps (iPSRs), Value Chain Risk Management (VCRMs) and Enterprise Supply Chain Risk Management (ESCRMs)
- Perform technology scouting, map the Supplier landscape and shape the external JSC strategy for New Technologies as required. New Supplier Due Diligence if specific to Direct Materials used in New Products. Managing the relationship of the New Technology/New Product specific supplier until transition into the Category
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, a focused degree within a science, technical and/or engineering discipline is preferred
- An advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of business experience is required
- Previous experience within a Regulated industry is required
- Experience in sourcing or supply chain of direct materials is required
- Experience in influencing across a matrix / cross-functional organization is required
- Experience in Development or Manufacturing of Small and/or Large Molecules and/or Vaccines is preferred
- A Process Excellence (i.e. Six Sigma, LEAN) Belt Certification is preferred
- Previous SAP or like systems experience is preferred
- Previous project management experience is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time domestically and/or internationally is required
North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)