Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist Biology, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery (1 of 2)
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4144180614
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Associate Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Associate Scientist will support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for pulmonary arterial hypertension. The position is a lab-based role and the primary responsibility of the Sr. Assoc. Sci. is to provide scientific and technical support for conducting research involving in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies. Responsibilities include study planning, hands-on study execution, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices. The qualified scientist needs to independently plan and execute experiments, to follow protocols, to document data, to troubleshoot problems, and to interpret data and communicate results. The Sr. Assoc. Sci. interprets and integrates data and makes recommendations for critical discovery project decisions and achievement of project goals. The candidate will pro-actively investigate, improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques. The candidate will work in a collaborative environment where ideas can be respectfully challenged to drive excellence and innovation. The qualified candidate will work in cross-functional teams, including program project teams and disease-specific working groups, with representatives from other discovery functions, translational medicine and biomarkers, to develop validation plans and execute on key experiments.
- M.S. with at least 6 years of relevant experience OR a B.S./B.A. with at least 9 years of relevant experience, in the pharmaceutical industry or academic environment is required
- Experience with cell culture, assay development, and immunoassays including Western blotting, ELISA, and MSD are required
- Demonstrated skills in performing in vivo pharmacological and mechanistic studies is preferred
- A background in cardiovascular basic research and in models of cardiovascular diseases is preferred
- Experience in the area of pulmonary arterial hypertension and hemodynamic assessments is preferred
- Working knowledge of pharmacology and/or drug discovery principles is preferred
- Expertise with pre-clinical inhaled delivery including experience with different delivery modalities (nebulized and dry powder, inhaled and intratracheal) is preferred
- Experience in industry is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)