Johnson & Johnson Careers
Professional Education Manager - Surgical Vision
Requisition ID: 4137190905
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies (JJMDC), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical device and diagnostic solutions for use in institutional and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMDC focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopedic implants, devices for women’s health including breast care, infection prevention and general-purpose sterilizers, hernia solutions, hemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision is recruiting for a Professional Education Manager, located in Toronto.
The Professional Education Manager (PEM) is responsible for the development and execution of overall continuing medical education strategies that include Medical Education, Grants and Fellowships for Surgical Vision (JJSV) in the Canadian market. The PEM role brings innovative approaches to advance knowledge and impact for continuing adult education in the medical device industry. While maintaining the highest levels of integrity and alignment with J&J Health Care Business Integrity Guidelines.
This position will develop on-going strategic relationships with Canadian Key Opinion Leaders (KOL) and leading institutions in order to advance procedure knowledge and ensure appropriate product use. They should understand global J&J medical education strategies and adapt/apply them to the competitive Canadian landscape. They ensure that the strategies and operations of the medical education team are strongly aligned with each business unit and bring innovative and effective value-based solutions to JJSV, and to Canadian health care practitioners (HCPs). This position identifies opportunities and makes recommendations and executes the overarching strategies across all Surgical Vision Platforms.
- Leads and develops innovative educational strategies in collaboration with Global that align with the organization's overall business objectives.
- Develops and executes short and long-term project plans including clear objectives, milestones, resource requirements, and deliverables
- Provides oversight of all JJSV training initiatives, COE and KOL development, management of Advisory Boards as well as, all potential educational funding opportunities
- Interacts with the clinical customers and/or professional societies (where available) to enhance the development of programs
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with JJSV business leaders and Global Source Companies to ensure alignment, collaboration, and innovation.
- In collaboration with Health Care Compliance and Finance, provides oversight, review and approval of all JJSV Grant and Fellowship requests
- Utilizes the J&J CWT Travel and Event management Services
- Partners with Professional Relations and operations to manage HCP contracting and payment process.
- Bachelors degree (science-related discipline or business preferred). A Master in Business Administration would be an asset
- A minimum of four (4) years related experience in the medical device and/or pharmaceutical industry (medical education would be asset)
- Previous management experience and proven management skills
- Strategic thinking abilities – demonstrated through a track record of success in developing and executing plans to show impact and a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills, a strong customer focus, as well as excellent judgment and decision-making abilities
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated critical thinking
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Business Acumen to develop local strategies in collaboration with Global
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and external marketplace
- Bilingualism (English/French
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
AMO Canada Company (7037)