Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Materials Manager
Horseheads, New York
Requisition ID: 4137171106
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Materials Manager to be located in Horseheads, NY to support our Medical Devices business.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices contains key surgical platforms such as Wound Closure, Orthopedics, Open and Minimally Invasive Stapling, Energy, Biosurgery, Aesthetics, ENT, and Cardiovascular surgical products. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands. Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently $20 billion in World Wide sales. The business is expected to experience solid growth over the next 5 to 7 years.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Focused on deriving customer demand & developing & implementing world-class inventory management practices & standards.
Managing & developing, strategic supply & inventory plans to achieve site specific goals and objectives. This position possesses a broad range of responsibilities critical to efficient utilization of resources & inventories to achieve and sustain service targets.
Leading the central focal point representing the interest of marketing, sales, manufacturing, materials, engineering & finance at corporate international & site levels to assure global enterprise product supply objectives are met.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
POLICIES: Know and follow DePuy GMP policies, procedures and assure that direct reports know and follow these policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility and assure that direct reports are trained in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies & procedures, for new assignments & for implementation of new policies & procedures. Complete required periodic re-training & assure that required periodic re-training takes place for direct reports in areas such as safety & environmental
SAFETY: Set standards for safe behavior. Recognize & reward safe behavior in others. Ensure that direct reports employ safe practices. Enforce safety policies & procedures. Evaluate staff member’s safety performance & insure that safety is a part of each direct report’s Goals and Objectives
• Provide leadership to the team in developing & completing objectives
• Coach the team in processes necessary to accomplish properly evaluated schedules & changes with respect to inventories & resources & monitoring same to ensure consumption & production are being accomplished as planned
• Mentor & coach department associates on career development
• Provide performance feedback to direct reports on a quarterly basis or more frequently if required
• Insure department associates’ skills are in place to meet enterprise needs
• Lead the process of integrating customers demand into viable schedules that are compatible with the business plan; an efficient use of capacities & resources & incorporate defined inventory levels
• Reduce obsolescence excess & slow moving material exposure by direct interface with engineering, materials, manufacturing, marketing & finance in the release of new products & phase-out of old products
• Facilitate deployment and maintenance of scheduling process to establish parameters, inventory targets, and continuous improvement to support customer service, inventory and cost targets.
• Facilitate and mature monthly Supply, Inventory, Operations Planning (SIOP) meeting and activities
• Improves profitability through process improvements and utilization of resources
• Define, develop & maintain, with the aid of on-line systems, lead-times, backorders & back log management
• Establish & assure that monthly product reviews with customers, materials, manufacturing, & finance directors addressing performance to plan (sales, orders, production), performance deficiencies & recovery plans are conducted
• Create & maintain policies & procedures for product review, schedule development & maintenance, inventory levels, inventory tracking, & report generation
• Support physical inventory & cycle count programs as required in support of corporate financial & operations requirement
• Analyze monthly performance results and facilitate appropriate actions to achieve business goals.
• Assure demand & inventory management systems are maintained & continuously improved to achieve state-of-the-art business process technology
• Ensures compliance with Gnosis standard work process and activities
• Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
Span of control:
• The Senior Materials Manager has oversight of all site Production Planning and Logistics activities
• The PP&L Manager has overall accountability for the development, goals and objective setting, annual review and feedback for the Production Planning and Logistics associates
• Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
• Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
• Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
• Performs other duties assigned as needed
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required
• Business or Engineering degree (operations, business, logistics, systems) is preferred
• MBA or equivalent is preferred
• APICs certification is preferred
• A minimum of 8 years in any combination of the following disciplines: materials planning master scheduling; inventory management, demand management, and capacity planning is required
• Experience with planning, developing & implementing inventory management & production management systems is preferred
• Experience with materials management function in a multi-site environment to include demand management (DM), master scheduling (MPS), capacity planning (CRP), material planning (MRP) & inventory control is required
• Team leadership, teamwork, communication both oral & written with all levels of organization is required
• Analytical & problem solving skills are required
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of products required
• Experience with MRP systems SAP or JDE required
• Up to 20% of travel both domestic and international may be required.
United States-New York-Horseheads
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)