Johnson & Johnson Careers
Franchise Project Manager
IT Project Management
Requisition ID: 4135190905
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is one of the most trusted brands in the world and the undisputed leader in the healthcare industry. With operations in over 60 countries and a breadth of products spanning across Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Health Products. Johnson & Johnson Inc. is the company best positioned to bring holistic healthcare solutions to patients and healthcare professionals alike.
At Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health, our purpose is to "Bring Science to the Art of Healthy Living" by improving the lives of Canadians through the world's most widely used and trusted brands, which include: Johnson's® Baby, Neutrogena®, Aveeno®, Listerine®, Band-Aid®, Tylenol®, Reactine® and Nicorette®.
As Franchise Project Manager you would be responsible for leading cross-functional team efforts for new product development projects, new product introductions as well as complex Life Cycle Management projects (site transfers, reformulations) related to specific brand(s) and/or franchise(s).
• Play an active role in assessing, recommending and influencing which projects are pursued.
• Responsible for the assessment of effort to prioritise initiatives coming out of the New Products Governance meetings; prepares and communicates summary documents to the internal organization.
• Ensure adherence to global governance processes while leading initiatives.
• Identify cross-functional team members required for the project.
• Plan and lead kick-off meetings, clarify individual roles and responsibilities and define expectations and success factors for the team.
• Lead team efforts throughout the process, ensuring business priorities are considered, challenging as necessary, lending support where there are issues.
• Document and communicate project timelines and risks to team members, sponsors and key stakeholders.
• Communicates project status and follows-up on key milestones. Updates senior management on progress and elevates issues as required.
• Represents the team as required. Responsible for Go/No Go recommendation to management and providing feedback to the team.
• Maintains ongoing communication with Global and North American business partners ensuring alignment with Global and Regional Innovation activities as well as communication of Canadian requirements.
• Maintains up-to-date all systems and tools necessary to appropriately track initiatives as well pipeline status.
• Strives to continuously improve processes. Utilizes project metrics and lessons learned to improve business results and new product launch processes in their franchise.
Relevant knowledge and experience:
• Strong leadership skills and the ability effectively influence across all levels of the organization
• Demonstrated ability to build strong business relationships across a matrixed organization
• Results & performance driven with bias for action & sense of urgency on priorities
• Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills with an ability to comfortably connect and interact with franchise leadership
• Effective presentation and communication skills and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Ability to work and effectively handle priorities, solve problems and handle ambiguity in a dynamic and fast paced environment
• Strategic and critical thinking: looking for areas of improvement to support growth, improve financial performance and gain global & competitive advantage
• Strong negotiation, influencing skills / gaining commitment
Technical Competency requirements:
• University degree required, preferably in business, engineering or science; MBA an asset
• Minimum of 7 years of multi-functional experience in supply chain, QA, R&D, Finance, Sales Regulatory or Marketing
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience demonstrating and utilizing project management practices
• Proficient in MS Office (Project, Power Point, Excel, Word)
• Proficient with project scheduling software such as MS Project
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is highly desirable
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)
IT Project Management