Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Maintenance Team Leader, 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 4132180613
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Incorporated, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Maintenance Team Leader, 1st Shift located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Lead a team of skilled technicians to maintain, continuously improve, troubleshoot, and support both packaging and process equipment. Ensure conformity to all quality, safety, health, and environmental requirements. Coach and develop your team, and build relationships within a broad site team, across functions and departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts safety and environmental operations to meet requirements for the site.
• Assure that direct reports are fully and effectively trained and work in compliance with applicable SOPs, cGMPs, regulatory requirements, safety, environmental, and Company policies.
• Understand and ensure adherence to the collective bargaining agreement.
• Facilitate communication activities and act as liaison between hourly colleagues and other leaders at the site. Communicate operational information and solicit feedback from direct reports.
• Coach and counsel direct reports regarding operations and/or colleague performance. Administer corrective action as necessary.
• Initiate and lead activities to improve operations.
• Provide leadership necessary to effectively implement and execute change.
• Works with contractors and vendors to keep track of performance requirements including cost, quality, safety, and environmental.
• The Team Leader will help create a work environment that embraces change by providing the leadership needed to implement and execute goals to meet business requirements.
• The Team Leader will be responsible for: partnering with operations, functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the processes throughout the Maintenance function.
• Develop and use metrics that accurately measure key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement and elimination of waste in all forms.
• Understand preventive, predictive, and conditions-based-maintenance methodology and can execute.
• Can strongly execute Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) throughout the site, focused on failures in the process (minor stops, breakdowns).
• Understand and analyze Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) to address losses.
• Effectively communicate horizontally across business units, and vertically across the business.
• Understand the importance of Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks, execute in a timely manner, and own improvements to the PM system.
• Understand the importance of Calibration (CAL) tasks, execute in a timely manner, and own improvements to the CAL system.
• Coach and mentor Maintenance Planners across business units.
• Understand financial aspects of the business, and continuously improve.
The Team Leader assures that direct reports are fully and effectively trained and work in compliance with applicable S.O.P.s, cGMPs, regulatory requirements, safety, environmental, and Company Policies.
• A minimum of a bachelor's degree is required.
• A degree focused in engineering or a related technical field is preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years total experience required.
• Experience in a regulated environment is preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) years of proven supervisory experience is required.
• Previous experience in a healthcare manufacturing environment preferred.
• Previous manufacturing and packaging experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical skills are required.
• Excellent technical writing skills are preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Office is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing, communication, listening, negotiating and problem-solving/decision-making skills are required.
• Previous experience with managing department budgets is preferred.
• Demonstrated project management experience is preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training and/or certification is preferred.
• OSHA Training is preferred.
• Technical discipline is preferred.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)