Johnson & Johnson Careers
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST I/II (Biochemistry)
Requisition ID: 4120190508
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we use heart, science and ingenuity to create transformational medicines that improve the health of humanity. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science within a culture characterized by intellectual curiosity, hunger and humility.
The Biochemistry group within Infectious Diseases Discovery Biology in Janssen BioPharma Inc. is seeking an Associate Scientist I/II to join our efforts in the discovery of novel therapeutic agents. You will join a team whose focus is the development of new biochemical assays, production and characterization of target proteins, screening of potential drug candidates against the infectious disease targets, and performing studies on the mechanism of action of novel compounds.
General tasks & responsibilities:
- Design, optimize and implement in vitro biochemical assays
- Perform decisional biochemical studies to support compound profiling, SAR, and MOA studies.
- Clone target genes, express, purify and characterize recombinant target proteins.
- Analyze, interpret and present data in a clear presentation ready format.
- Maintain timely and accurate lab records.
- Contribute to scientific reports and share results, skills, and teachings in a team-based environment.
- Follow all Environmental, Health & Safety laboratory safety standards and maintain company compliance requirements.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in the Life Sciences (molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology) with at least 1 year of industry experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience, is required.
- Experience with biochemical assays is required; knowledge of assay automation is a plus
- Experience with protein expression in prokaryotic and eukaryotic expression systems is desirable.
- Experience with protein purification using an AKTA is preferred
- Ability to clearly and effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people is required.
- This position is located in South San Francisco, CA
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Biopharma, Inc. (6224)