Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist Biology, Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension, Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 4114180614
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Scientist will support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for pulmonary arterial hypertension. The position is a lab-based role and the successful candidate will have a background in the cardiovascular disease area, an understanding of the pathophysiology of pulmonary arterial hypertension and the ability to manage their work independently. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Sci. is to provide scientific and technical leadership and support for conducting research involving in vitro and in vivo preclinical studies. The qualified scientist needs to independently plan and execute in vitro and ex vivo experiments, to develop and follow protocols, to document data, to troubleshoot problems, and to interpret data and communicate results. Responsibilities include scientific leadership, mentorship for laboratory personnel, study planning, hands-on study execution, analysis, troubleshooting and documentation according to best business practices. The Sr. Sci. will use emerging developments in the cardiovascular field to generate novel target ideas and provide technical and strategic input with the goal of progressing novel drug candidates into clinical development and beyond. Additional responsibilities include:
- Pro-actively investigate, improve, change or adapt existing methods and techniques
- Work in cross-functional teams, including program project teams and disease-specific working groups, with representatives from other discovery functions, translational medicine and biomarkers, to shape a discovery and pharmacology strategy for novel drug candidates and bring forward novel translational animal models and innovative technologies to support long-term plans
- Collaboratively work in a matrix environment, present ideas, both verbally and in writing to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and senior leadership
- Present scientific accomplishments internally and externally to the scientific community and discuss ideas with key opinion leaders
- M.D. and/or Ph.D. with a focus on cardiovascular biology with at least 2 years after post-doctoral fellowship of experience in a pharmaceutical or academic environment OR a M.D. and/or Ph.D with a focus on cardiovascular biology with at leaset 5 years of experience in a pharmaceutical environment is required
- Demonstrated skills in performing pharmacological and mechanistic studies in models of cardiovascular diseases is required
- Experience with cell culture, assay development, immunoassays including Western blotting, ELISA, and/or MSD is required
- Demonstrated skills in cardiovascular basic research is required
- Working knowledge of pharmacology and/or drug discovery principles is required
- Expertise in the area of pulmonary arterial hypertension and hemodynamic assessments is preferred
- Understanding of the overall process of drug discovery and development is preferred
- Experience in industry is preferred
- Expertise with pre-clinical inhaled delivery including experience with different delivery modalities (nebulized and dry powder, inhaled and intratracheal) is preferred
- Peer reviewed publication record in relevant fields is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)