Johnson & Johnson Careers
COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGIST 2019 SUMMER INTERN
Requisition ID: 4106190114
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research & Development, a family company of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical Companies, is recruiting for a scientist to join the inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) Biomarker group, located in Spring House, PA.
Janssen R&D develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in oncology, neurologic disorders, infectious diseases, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases as well as immunologic disorders.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic student with experience in bioinformatics/computational biology. Our team works on biomarkers and biological mechanisms identification using large datasets. The intern will:
- Apply computational biology tools to advance understanding of IBD, specifically, Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Develop workflows for integrating molecular data from different sources (tissue, blood, stool) and types (mRNA, protein, microbiome, genetics) in the same subject, with the goal of developing a combined risk score that can predict individuals that will go on to develop IBD.
- Work with IBD team to understand application of integrated molecular data in the drug discovery process.
The successful candidate will have access to cutting-edge methodology and technologies (e.g., machine learning, topological network analysis, cloud computing) to analyze the data. The candidate will work in a very dynamic environment and will interact intimately with scientists from Immunology Biomarkers and Immunology Discovery to gain vast expertise in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise in computational analysis of biological data is required.
- Experience with high content data analysis, such as gene expression or proteomics is preferred.
- The candidate must have strong communication skills and have the ability to effectively work as part of a diverse, interdisciplinary team.
- Proficiency in R and Linux is preferred.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)