Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Polymer Engineer
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 4105171105
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior R&D Polymer Engineer located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Polymer Engineer will have responsibility for the development and execution of new and existing processes on various pilot/commercialization platforms to support the JJVC new product pipeline. The Polymer Engineer will work at a technical expertise level involving process development fundamentals that supports corrections / improvements / risk management. The polymer engineer is accountable to innovate, trouble-shoot, facilitate and drive continuous improvement of technologies or processes. The role requires the use of a variety of statistical tools to validate process improvements and will require the use of process characterization and optimization using designed experiments, problem solving and decision-making tools. This position partners cross-functionally with the JJV organization in Make, Quality and R&D and requires the development of strong partnerships. Additionally, it collaborates with our international facility in Limerick, Ireland.
The role is expected to identify and develop strong partnerships with external subject matter experts, industry leaders, and primary vendors to uphold a solid understanding of the state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies, methods and equipment. The position establishes key partnerships to execute the long-term vision for R&D and support the technology roadmap for equipment and capabilities.
A successful candidate will be able to do the following:
- Perform a variety of engineering assignments utilizing a wide range of engineering principles.
- Work at a high technical expertise level involving planning development and design of materials, equipment, and/or processes.
- Reviews progress and evaluate results of multiple projects across various disciplines. Accurate planning, timely delivery and reporting for all project deliverables.
- Leads/Coordinates cross-functional teams of engineers and/or technicians as necessary to achieve project completion (feasibility to launch).
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, conducts and directs research, development or engineering assignments. Manages multiple projects across various disciplines. (65%)
- Project management internally as well as outside vendors (overseas travel necessary). (15%)
- Performs concept analysis and justification of capital and expense projects for future project development of a medium complexity. (5%)
- Prepares equipment, process, safety and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals. (5%)
- Develops and implements material, equipment and/or process enhancements that will improve product quality and yield, process sustainability and efficiency, and safety. (5%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (5%)
- Strong analytical approach to problem solving to deliver innovative solutions
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Polymer Engineering or related field with a minimum of 3 years experience is required
- A PhD degree in Polymer Engineering related field with a minimum of 1 year experience is preferred
- 1 year experience working in FDA environment desired.
- Familiarity with Lab and manufacturing environment is preferred
- Manufacturing validation experience in a regulated (FDA) environment is recommended.
- Experience working with Hydrogels and/or resins is preferred.
- Strong chemistry background and technical expertise involving polymer process development fundamentals that supports corrections / improvements / risk management with new materials is preferred.
- Experience working in an R&D environment is preferred.
- Relevant experience with statistical design and analysis of experiments is required.
- Achievement of Six Sigma/Green Belt/Black Belt accreditation is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, root-cause analysis and risk assessments with a strong attention to detail are required.
- This individual must have the ability to work on own initiative. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Technical leadership abilities are required.
- This individual must be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- This position may require up to 10% travel both domestic and international. This position is located Jacksonville, FL
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)
R&D Engineering (R&D)