Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head of Contracting Strategy and Analytics (Remote)
Requisition ID: 4100190115
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Evaluate the impact of federal, state and local regulations, government pricing requirements, market dynamics and the competitive landscape on formulary coverage, market share, and profitability for Actelion’s contracting strategy
- Partner with managed markets, pharmacy access, Actelion Pathways and legal to negotiate contract terms and confirm that all final agreements are accurate prior to execution
- Lead administration of contracts including data validation, accruals, invoice processing and reporting
- Accountable for Government Contracting and Pricing including Medicaid, Medicare, Federal Supply Schedule (FSS), and 340B contract operations, and communications with respective government agencies
- Accountable for handling Actelion’s relationship with government agencies and purchasing organizations (VA, FSS, 340 B, Medicaid, Medicare, CMS, Payers, Wholesale Distributors and SPs)
- Handles the Medicaid Supplemental bidding process, including reviewing the analyses, gaining management approval, submitting bids, and responding to questions from state and PBM officials
- Partner with Finance to ensure proper forecasting, budgeting and accruals for all Medicaid and Managed Care rebates, FSS and Tri-Care chargebacks, Medicare Coverage Gap payments, and other government and commercial programs
- Designs and runs contract administration and reporting system
- Establishes and monitors critical metrics for department including preparing pre-deal and post-deal analyses for contract terms
- Provides input to product pricing committee based on benchmark products, market dynamics and implications for Commercial and Government contracts
- Publishes product price with pricing agencies and communicates to appropriate stakeholders
- Responsible for crafting and maintaining Policies, Procedures, and operating instructions for all government pricing calculations and rebate payments.
- Responsible for compliance with government regulations and Actelion standard operating procedures for managed markets and pharmacy access contracts, government reporting, and product pricing
- Conducts Fair Market Value analysis and provides recommendations to legal, pharmacy access and managed markets regarding contract terms
- Lead department with emphasis on maintaining and driving effective internal controls (SOX 404 Compliance) and documenting policies and procedures
- Works across Brand teams to identify commonalities, resources and metrics needed for MA
- Partners with Brand Analytics team to validate and monitor trends analysis by each division of the MA team. Determine utilization trend analysis.
- Partner with Gov’t Affairs team to figure out implications to business as it pertains to healthcare policies impacting reimbursement.
- Gov’t contracting compliance knowledge
- OIG audit knowledge and rebate liabilities
- Collaborate with Finance, Legal, Government Pricing, Compliance and other departments to establish consistent business rules and “playbooks” focused on appropriate reporting and compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Leads Development in conjunction with team leaders and coordinates with the Brand team/Marketing team the strategic marketing plan, including the brand value proposition, and corresponding tactical plan for the payer channels.
- Aligns teams and drives strategy and execution to deliver on the significant Actelion growth opportunities.
- Remote optional within the US.
- This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- BA/BS Required
- MBA in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 10yrs of relevant experience required.
- Knowledge of Healthcare Reimbursement is
- Thorough understanding of government programs, the regulatory agencies that monitor the programs, health care policy development, and the administrative structure of reimbursement sources
- High impact and influence among peers, leadership team and external stakeholders including government agencies and health plans
- Ability to work reciprocally in a cross-functional team structure and delegate tasks appropriately
- Excellent analytical skills
- High attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- According to Chart of Authorities (OTH-000045), According to Local chart of Authorities SSFO (OTH-000091) and/or Chart of Authorities for Clinical Studies (OTH-000053)
- According to ACE Company Compliance (OTH-000052)
United States-California-South San Francisco-
North America-United States
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)